Two

Ressi POV

----------------

By late afternoon we have basically arrived, driving down a long road that stretched for miles. The scenery changing from the familiar forestry from WaterGrass to little trees that became denser as lakes and creeks broke the earth. The scenery beautiful, making me want to shed this skin and roam free.

The large iron gates were pulled open by tough looking male wolves dressed in navy blue uniforms with silver blades strapped to their sides. I took all this in silently. Silver knifes meant buisness. To kill, not subdue. Were they to keep things out? Or keep people in?

The chatter in the bus dies down as they all scramble tonthe windows, taking in the scenery as the bus halts to a stop. Night has finally descended and all you could see was the glow of the lights that went down from a main footpath to a large double height and width doors made of dark oak. It was hauntingly beautiful...and familiar. I was torn from my thoughts as Jessica's wedges she wore thumped on the bus floor as she made her way strutting like it was a cat walk and flicked her nail against my cheek, making me bite back an animalistic growl.

"Take my suitcase in" was all she said as the bus doors swung open as she passed the bus driver, a werewolf, as he bowed his head to all my pack that had exit the bus, paying no attention to him as if he was low ranking. Which I knew he was not. The Alpha and Luna wouldn't entrust the safe passage of their daughter from WaterGrass to Jaded with an unloyal or weak werewolf. As I left the bus last I looked him in the eyes and bowed my head to him, he was old, but far from weak as he gave a sad smile and bowed back.

As Jessica turned back from the lit path with a gasp and caught my attention she called out to me, "Take Greg's suitcase too, the bus journey has really ached his muscles" she says like it was the saddest thing in the world to hear and rushed back to the front of the pack that now carried their suitcases, aside from herself and Greg.

With a scowl I grab their suitcases first dragging them over, not bother to lift, and pushed through the pack, them side stepping easily without complaint as I dropped them at Jessica's and Greg's feet. " There they are, sister" I sneer her name as she had last night after slapping me, "Learn a thing or two of independence, my future Alpha" I emphasis the future in the sentence, meaning that she couldn't make me do her lifes work, she was still just a daughter of the Alpha of WaterGrass, as was I. Even if she was the loved and adored sister, and I was seen as a nuisance, due to facts that I had no control in, I still was a daughter of the Alpha and Luna.

Jessica's face went red as she narrowed her green eyes at me as some of the back snickered but covered it with coughs and holding their mouths when Jessica glared at them. I raise an eyebrow at her, I was taller than her and it came out intimidating but just as she was about to open her mouth for a nice long nasty rant the doors were pulled open from the inside and a werewolf lady stood there in a grey suit jacket and skirt. A stern look on her face as Jessica turned to her with a sickening sweet smile and strutted in once the lady indicated to do so with her hand. As the lady turned her back I quickly bolted back to grab my suitcase, careful not to forget the only things I have as I joined the rest as she turned around again.

"Ah, the WaterGrass student, the last to arrive, as always" she finished with a chuckle, no longer stern as her blue eyes took us all in, lingering on our faces as she as if memorising us. Recongition crossed her face once she looked at Jessica, knowing she was the daughter of the WaterGrass Alpha and then her gaze lingered on my face, confusion furrowing her brows as she opened her mouth then shut it with a snap. Blanking her face and giving a small smile as she indicated with her hand to take the left corridor.

Jaded seemed like a castle, marble polished floors, chandeliers, smooth stone walls with high ceilings. There was a small desk with a vase of lilies perched on it in the corridor we walked by, their scent fresh, newly picked. Jessica led the pack following behind the lady as she escourted us down the corridor to a large circular room that had an old mural on the ceiling, the goddess and her wolf, curled around each other in a forest scene, the paint old and soft. Giving a relaxing feel to the room that was lined with a curved cream sofa on one half of the room with a curved large tv attached to the wall. The lady stopped and gestured around, "This is our modern loungeroom for wolves during the hours of 5-8:30 in the afternoon". She also showed us the hallways to the males and females bathrooms

She then led us out. There were no doors, just hallways connecting each room together so far, making it feel more open and breathable. We went through another corridor that led to a slim rectangular room with another corridor at the other end of the slim but long room. There were 4 doors on each side of the wall.
"This is the hall that houses the members from the Watergrass pack, usual there are 2 people based in each room but as there are only 14 in total this academy year it seems you can choose between who has singular rooms and choose who are sharing. But rules are rooms only with a same gender pack member, there are a few more rules but they will be presented in the main hall at 10pm sharp, the main hall is through that corridor then the first right and into that room" She gave us a nod and turned to leave, but not until I asked for her name. She turned to me as the wolves chose their room and gave me a true smile, "Magma dear, my name's Magma" and with that she turned and went down the corridor and to the right, dissapearing from sight.

*--------------------*

I ended up in the room on the right side first door from the corridor we had come through, next door to Marie, a year younger than me and fairly polite and shy, not mixing in with Jessica and the rest of the She-Wolves, she mainly hung out with her year older brother Tom. The rooms were fairly large with two beds inside each. Marble floors with a red rug in mine and cream curtains, the room having a wooden sturdy desk with neat and folded paper, books and pens with a spinning chair, wardrobe with built in shelves, a mirror attatched to the wall with a bed in the corner with a small beside table and lamp and digital clock. I set my suitcase down and got to unpacking. There was no uniform here, just casual wear. I only brough a few pairs of jeans, shorts, t-shirts and a jacket and hooded jumper. I folded and setted them into the shelvea and wardrobe, putting my art products on the desk and drawing book away. That was all I had packed. All I really owned by myself.
I was resting on my bed until I heard Jessica shrill scream fill the corridor and I bolted up and out to see her standing in front of my door.

"Ah, you idiot! My suitcase and Greg's are still outside, go get them! Now!" She screeched, pointing her finger down the corridor and with a sigh I did. Looking over at the digital clock seeing there was only 6 minutes left until having to meet in the main hall.

I left, following the directions back freezing as I hear a a thumping sound, going down a different corridor, following the sounds as they grew louder and louder. A sickening crunch filled my ears and I hurried, a weird feeling setteling into my blood until I rounded the corner, the wolf in me slamming into me as I see what the sound was.

There were 2 teenage boys, around the same age as me kicking at another boy on the ground. He did nothing to defend himself, only recieving kicks and blows to his stomach, back and sides, never his face. My footstep became heavy as I barreled down the hallway tearing the two boys back with a snarl, standing protectively over the boy. Not caring how I could start a fight between our packs. An addictive scent came from the boy below me, and I hoped it wasn't the sent from his blood, I wasn't that much of a beast yet. Was I? But I'd never smelt anything as delicious, or addictive.

One boy snarled and with a clawed hand went to smash me but the other caught it, pulling it back. "Leave it" he said, " We have to hurry or we'll be late" he finished as I moved as the boy beneath me crawled up and went to them, not looking at me as he followed after the two other boys, clutching at his ribs as he took off and in a haste I reached out and caught his wrist, gasping as I felt a tremor go through my body, electricity arching as realisation snapped into me. Mate.

He shrugged me off as he quickly took after the boys, running to them and from me as I stood there dumbstruck. Then hurt, quickly brushing it off. Maybe I was wrong.