Eighteen

Lael POV

------------

I continued to stroke her hair even after she fell asleep. She was still snuggled to my chest, and I couldn't find it in me to move her, or further her injuries. I was deep in thought...and regret. I had felt her pain, her distress, and the feeling that killed me the most was her sense of betrayal and abandonment from me. So alike to Sabrina...

She clutched me tighter, as if instinctively knowing about who I was thinking of, my long dead mate. My Sabrina. I shut that thought down. Feeling everything that had sketchley heal leak open and drip emotion messily. When I had walked into the forest, far away to not hear the sound of flesh pounding on Ressi's flesh, I had lost it, Mark, the leader of the Timesdale Clan, and one of my closest friends now had restrained me, and still had the bruise on his cheek as I had fought him. But he and I both knew we needed to know who Ressi truly was, and the only way to see through her thoughts was to break her down physically, and emotionally she would crumble. But her memories held nothing about who she was. Other than little key past issues that had turned her into what she was now. She had killed her so called sisters Grandma. She didn't know she was a half cross. A dangerous being in the life of Werewolves and Lycans. It was different being a Lycan from a Werewolf. The Lycan is more primal, stronger, faster, more loyal. And it was vital to teach a young Lycan pup at young age to to handle their wolf, how to not let the wolf overtake their emotions, to be in control and in charge of their instincts. 

Ressi being a cross-blood, and as far as I can tell from what I have gathers, sired from a very strong and powerful Lycan bloodline, she was no match for her wolf. Which led to the death of the Grandmother. But the mother, Jessica's mother, and father, knew that Ressi was a cross-blood. Why was she there? And why were they hiding her, the father claiming her as his bloodborn child, but the mother, Lacey, determined to keep Ressi away from their true daughter. 

I felt myself crack again... Ressi didn't even have a name before that time. She twisted her sister's name to her own...Ressi...My- My nothing. Her only joy in her past was her sister and that crumbled away to nothing but despise. I haven't spoken to my the one's who sired me in hundreds of years. I couldn't even stand thinking about them. I felt myself tense up and Ressi once again clutch me tighter, pulling me in. 

She was a cross. But I had yet to see her wolf. When she saw herself as her wolf she was mangled, fur matted and missing. Taking neither the traces of a Were or a Lycan. How were her senses? Her primal thoughts and needs. 

I caught a scent in the air, a scent that I once found refuge in and now repelled me. Annalee. I softly, oh so slowly pulled away from Ressi, she was out cold, still healing my blood slowly weaving its way through her system and binding her more to me, and the further I pulled away the more the bind tugged. As I finally freed myself from her and settled her down again her expression fell away from peaceful and content to confused and I had to turn away. She could feel it even in her sleep. 

Annalee stood awaiting me from outside the complex. Her scent a mix of roses and flowery appealing scents, so unlike Ressi. I caught her standing beneath the tree we would meet up, her back till me. Not taking my scent in as the wind worked on my side. How could I stop what I knew would happen? What I should of stopped from growing into something more than meaningless.

She turned, clothed in nothing but swathes of silk that caught on the breeze and exposed more flawless skin. Her eyes held hunger, turning them to a grey colour with an illuminance of blue. Clan. She sauntered over to me, swiveling her hips. Why wasn't I doing anything? I could do this, and I can. But why did it feel so wrong. Sabrina has been gone for years. But Ressi...No.

She stared at me for a long amount of time. Her scent changing in the air. I haven't seen her since I let them take me at Jaded. Then she molded herself to me, lips clashing to mine, teeth nicking mine, nipping my bottom lip, tongue swirling. Her silk of nothing parting and flowing around us as she let the blue silk tie unbind, her hands going to my belt, lower, lower still. 

I crushed her to the floor, letting that primal need unwind, setting in free.

Her scent so flowery...hinted with blood. Ressi's blood...

I didn't pull away, I got closer.

I gave in and gave up.