Ten

Ressi POV

------

I scream myself awake, body jerking up and falling back. Lights flash in front of my eyes and I squint, feeling nauseous with a pain behind my eyes and around my skull. My breath evens out as my eyes adjust to the light in the room, it's not bright, but even the small dimmed light in the room cause my head to pound pain throughout my skull. My throat was raw as I croaked out a cough, trying to pull my hand up to my mouth to find myself unable to move my arm, or my other arm, or my legs...

I jerked quickly, eyes squinting as I looked down my body, seeing restraints tightened around my wrists and ankles. I shake them again, and again, and again.
I try to scream, finding my throat too raw to make another sound, and all I feel is stiff pain in my joints, a stabbing in me head, and a burn in my throat.

I'm restrained to a flat cot like bed, a slight rise like a pillow at my neck, with slight padding as a mattress. The restaints are leather and metal. My hair is knotted around the back of my neck like a scarf, feeling like a restraint in itself.

The room is small, a curtain cutting me off to the rest of the world as I try to figure out what in the world was happening. Why was I in this bed? Why was I restrained? My eyes burned as I squeezed them shut, shaking my head, trying to think through my mind, trying to figure everything out, trying to ignore the stiffness of my muscles and the pain in my head. Something flittered across my memory as I focused hard on it, but it was like an eel, all slick and hard to hold onto. Wait, yes! There it was! I was in the ring...fighting...fighting...fighting the mate beater! And then...What then?

I shook the bed in frustration. Not doing much but feeling the need to hurt something. What happened!
I was fighting, in that dome gym, Jessica, Marie and Tom was there. Tom! How was he? He would know what was happening. He wasn't hurt, I could feel him, he was...exhausted? I wasn't sure, I couldn't sort through my own mind let alone his...Wait, why could I feel him?

My mind bashed as I fought all the questions that sprang at me as the curtain suddenly pulled back, and light bombared me and I turned my head into the bed, wrists pulling at my restraints as I tried to hide from the light.

"Oh, you're awake" a voice rang out that sounded like a shout to my ears and I cringed, hearing the clicks of high heels leave on tile flooring, only to return moments later and to feel a hand press under my neck, lifting me up and a rim of a platic cup to be placed at my lips as another gave me water, tipping the cup slowly as I drank greedily, feeling a stay droplet fall down my chin and creep down my neck.

"What is your name?"

The cup dissappeared as I opened my eyes to see the women stand up from the bed in a white cloak to handle a clipboard, resting it against her hip as she fiddled with a bag attached to a coat hanged like thing that led with a tube to my arm. An IV. I hadn't even noticed.

"Ressi, Ressi Grey" my throat was slightly clearing up, the water doing its job and soothing it.
"Where am I? Why am I here?" I question, watching her intently as she walked back around my cot to stand by my right, now holding the clipboard in both hands.

"Your age? Pack?"

The women ignored my questioning but I awnsered her.
"17" I say my age, opening my mouth to say WaterGrass pack, but as I opened my mouth I found myself unable to say it, as if I was physically unabled to. She looked at me quizically, nodding her head as if she knew something I didn't, and she most likely did.

Before I can say anything else another pulles the curtain aside and I women looks over quickly, and so do I to see an older looking man, hair gelled back, eyes dark, slight wrinkles showing his age, he was probably around 40, or 50. But he didn't look happy, he looked enraged, his breath choppy as he smoothed out his suit, a vein buldged in his forehead and I could feel his power in the room.

"Sir, the patient has just woken up, she has light sensitivity-" Her words were cut off as he ripped back the curtain, exposing more light that made me tuck my head in at the side the opposite way as I growled, trying to kick my legs from the restraints.

The women looked down, shaking her head.
"Sir, the-"
She was cut off by his booming voice.
"LEAVE"

The women looked torn, but left the room, slamming down her clipboard in anger on a plasic tray as she walked out, the sound causing me to flinch as I kept quiet. I had no idea who this man was, so keeping my mouth shut seemed like the best idea.

The silence was thick like fog and pressed down on me as the length of silence grew longer and he began to stalk around my bed, fists clenched as he swiveled and paced the other way, walking around breathing heavily. He slowed to a stop at the end of my bed and I felt vunrable, having to raise my stiff neck up to see him, having to look down the length of my body and thats when I noticed what I was wearing. Which was practically nothing. Slim white shorts and t-shirt. I felt exposed but not cold. It was warm in the room, either from the heat in his glare or the air heating.

" I never did believe your parents, they were word twisting decieving Alphas, but I never thought they would be right about this. But they are, you, you definatly are a monster" He seethed, pointing his finger at me as he swivled back around.

I stayed silent, and he continued on.

"You broke pack, made your own, then turned on the man you made pack, attacked the next in line Alpha of the Lions Pack and tried to kill his mate!" He shouted.

Then I said the only thing I could at that moment.

"I thought at Jaded there was no rankings, no next in line Alphas"

And that was obviously not the right think to say.

The man suddenly turned and picked up the wooden chair behind him, enraged, throwing it into the wall, shattering the chair as he stalked towards me, making me pull at my restraints uselessly at the look in his eyes. He gripped the metal rail of my bed and shook it, making me shake on the bed as he screamed.

"YOU SHIFTED ATTEMPTED TO KILL 3 INNOCENTS AND THEN QUESTION ME OF THE RULES OF MY INSTITUTION!"

He roared the words with so much force my head rolled back and my head pounded from the noise.

My wrists felt sore as I continued to tug, all while keeping his stare, refusing to break it as I whispered,
"Who are you?"
He had just said that I questioned him about his institution, did that mean he was the headmaster or something? Did Jaded even have a headmaster? Was I still even in Jaded?

He let go of the rail, standing up and smoothing his tie down as he looked smug.

"I am the Headmaster of Jaded, Headmaster Clint, but it is Sir to you" his words ended in a growl, and the look on his face was so smug I was confused. Dod he honestly think his little pathetic title meant anything to me?

"Why am I here?" I ask again.

He shook his head and rocked back on his heels, whistling as he did.

"Are you that much of a monster, you don't even recall trying to kill your fellow students and pack?" He laughed hollowly.

"You tried to kill that boy...Tom, then tried to kill the next in line Alpha of Lions, Shane and his mate Marie, who is Tom's sister, but you already know that" he snarked.

My head fell back uselessly on the bed as his words sank in. I tried to kill Tom, mate beater Shane and Marie. And then it came back to me, the memory like a flash in my mind.

Me, tackling Tom.
Me, chasing Shane and Marie.
Me, knocking out Shane.
Me, going for the kill who was Marie.
Me, fighting...fighting my mate.
Me, letting the shake take over as my mate cradled me against his chest, and whispered...whispered words to me...

Oh, God, what had I almost done.

Clint walked around my bed, stopping back at his original spot as I stared at the ceiling as the burn made its way up my throat.

" Do you remember now? Ressi Grey"

Nausea took over.

And I threw up.