Results and Mixed Feelings

Shiro laughs at me. “Come on (Y/N), That’s a little crazy, isn't it?”

I look at him confused then laugh it off, “Yeah, you’re right.”

I walk over to the cryo-pod and watch Lance slowly heal inside, ‘Get better soon, big brother…’ After telling myself this I leave Shiro to handle himself and I go in search of a bedroom. I find a room with my name on it then go inside. I put the armor aside and decide to get some much needed rest.

“Everyone, meet at the bridge in 10 minutes!” Allura repeats over the intercom a few times before it turns off. I sigh as I get up, my body sore from the night before. I get dressed into my casual clothes and head to the bridge.

“Good, you’re all here. I hope you all slept well, now, be ready, after we fix the systems we should be launching in a few vargas. I’ll call you all back once we’re ready to go!” Allura announces. We all separate. I excuse myself to the hospital room so I can further patch myself up, and run some of my own tests onto myself.

“Okay, you know some basic tests, so how do you run them here?” I mumble to myself as everything is altean. Then it switches into my native language, not english but spanish. I sigh as I remember our family who must be wondering where we are by now. “Right. No time for sulking, I need to figure this out.” I start with an X-Ray scan and a blood test. It takes a couple minutes for the blood test to complete so I look over the x-ray scans.

“1 fractured rib, 3 bruised ribs, left wrist bruised.” The tablet reads out as it shows where they are. I sigh, luckily not in as much pain as I was with the broken arm and twisted ankle, which is a shock. The blood test finishes and I have a look. I focused the software to test for any nationality and race, and to my surprise the results are of very shocking value.

“50% altean, 50% Cuban.” It reads, with other sublevels which are unimportant. But, I’m half altean? It explains the dreams or memories I’ve been having and the nightmares too. I take the tablet as to which the results are on and put it in my pocket for the meantime and return to the bridge.

“Screwdriver!” Hunk shouts.

“Screwdriver!” Coran shouts back as he hands Hunk the wrong tools repeatedly.

“Ah, (Y/N)! Mind giving me a hand here since someone doesn’t know what he’s doing!” Hunk whines. Coran pouts and excuses himself to work on other things, to which I’m forced to agree and help. I sit on the floor beside Hunk, handing him the tools he needs and sulking in my own sorrow.

“Hey, Hunk?” I question, he just continues what he does but replies with a “yeah?” I sigh, “Have you ever wanted to run away from it all, and by that I mean all this?” Hunk laughs.

“Yeah, totally.”

“Really?” I ask, shocked.

“I mean, of course! What I’d give to go back home. Phillips!” I hand Hunk the phillips and sigh.

“I’m going to go train, enjoy yourself here.” I say as I swiftly excuse myself. Before heading to the training deck I first head to the kitchen for some snacks that end up healing my bones. I read the label but failed as to it’s altean. “Damn, if only I could read this stuff maybe I would know what things are!” I sighed. I then continued my path into the training deck where I found Keith who happened to be shirtless and sweaty. I feel myself blush at the sight of him, too dazed and tranced to look away.

“What are you staring at?” Keith shouts as I realize he’s noticed me.

“Oh, uh, hey! I was just, um, coming to train but I saw you and didn’t want to interrupt.” I chuckle as I awkwardly walk in, having already changed into a more form fitting outfit.