Confession, Saving the Princess, then Stranded

Keith’s P.O.V.

“I’ll go check on (Y/N).” I tell Shiro as I go after her. I don’t understand what they were saying, but I could tell it was rough. I first check the training deck but she’s not there, I go to her room and she isn’t there either. “Where could she be?” I groan, unsure where (Y/N) could have gone.

“Keith!” Pidge shouts to me.

“Pidge? What is it, I’m trying to find (Y/N) right now-”

“I know. That’s why I’m here.” Pidge interrupts me, “I looked at the cams and that’s where (Y/N) went.” Pidge informs me.

“Thanks Pidge.” I say as I quickly pat their back then run off to (Y/N). “There you are.” I say calmly as (Y/N) looks up at me. “What are you doing in the closet?” I ask, a little weirded out by it.

“I needed somewhere quiet to be, and I knew people would find me in my room or the training deck too easily.” (Y/N) explained. I close the door behind me and sit beside her.

“I’ll stay quiet if you want, just know I’m here.” I say. The room falls silent for a while, (Y/N) leans into me and I wrap my arm around her, comforting her. I can tell she’s sad, but she’s not crying about it.

“I’m sorry, I know you probably don’t understand what we said but Lance had no right to say all that stuff.” (Y/N) apologizes. I pull her closer, squeazing her gently.

“Please, whatever Lance has to say about me is my problem, you don’t have to worry about that-”

“But I do.” (Y/N) interrupts me. She’s looking at me with a gleam in her eyes that reminds me of concern and love. I blush as I stare into her (E/C) eyes. “You mean a lot to me. As a good friend it’s my right to worry, but as someone closer than that it’s my duty to worry.”

“You mean ‘someone closer’ in an intimate way?” I was a little shocked. (Y/N)’s face turns red as she looks at the ground. I lean in and kiss her forehead softly, she looks back up at me. With my free hand, seeing as one is wrapped around her shoulders, I place my hand on her cheek. “I like you too.” I say softly as I lean in for a kiss. As our lips touch, she immediately kisses back. Her soft lips kiss me passionately, my heart overwhelmed by my feelings for her. We pull away at the same time and look into each other’s eyes. Her gleaming eyes are filled with passion. My heart melts as I look at her, every second that passes my feelings just grow stronger for (Y/N). (Y/N) wraps her arms around my chest, hugging me. I stroked her hair slowly, a thing I enjoyed my father doing when I was really young.

“Keith. Can you promise me something?” (Y/N) asks me.

“What is it?” I inquire.

“Promise me you’ll always return to me. We may not have known each other for long, but I don’t know what I’d do if you vanished.”

“I promise, and you better return to me too or Lance will end up killing me for losing you.” I jockingly shoot back. (Y/N) chuckles at that.

“I promise too.” She says as she nuzzles into me. We stay like that for a while, enjoying the silence.

“Everyone return to the bridge ASAP, It’s time we get Allura back.” Shiro says over the castle’s intercoms. (Y/N) and I look at each other, I sigh, our moment had been ruined-but for an important cause, so I couln’t be entirely mad. (Y/N) and I get up and I open the door to let us out, we walk side by side back to the bridge. Though I desperately wanted to, I did not reach for her hand for I knew things would get all sorts of crazy if the others saw us together like that.

Your P.O.V.

We made it back to the bridge and everyone’s at their personal stations doing different things. Keith walks over to his seat and I go to the console with Coran.