Chapter 4: FUG

I was chilling in my room on the Floating Ship while waiting for the next test to be announced, until my stomach grumbled and I got up to go to the cafeteria.

When I got there, everyone was gathered at a large table and the purple tracksuit guy from Hatz's team waves me over.

"So you're the guy that beat Hatz?!" Tracksuit asked me with a large smile.

"Yes." I responded as I sat down before realising I hadn't gotten food yet and so I stood back up and got some bacon and eggs from the worker there.

"Oh and my name is Gisawa." I introduced myself as I sat back down.

"I'm Shibisu!" Tracksuit informed me.

"Nice to meet you." I smiled softly before turning my attention to everyone else at the table, a rather interesting group of people but I didn't have time to speak with them cause I had to eat this food, after I had finished my food at an alarmingly fast rate I began listening in on the conversations.

Now the reason I ate the food that quick was because outside the tower in the caverns, theres nothing to eat or drink, thankfully my body can survive without food or water but still finally tasting food was a delight.

Everyone was chatting and making friends, unaware of the fact that sooner or later they will have to fight each other, I read up on the traditional tests used here and I realised something, the first test I did when I got here the one where I met Endorsi and the other 2 has never been used probably due to the fact that Quant was lazy and couldn't be bothered with overseeing the test which isn't too surprising to me but the thing that's weird is that the Crown Game has rarely ever been played here, only when a test administrator wants something, there was an example in the past where a mafia boss bribed a test administrator to do the Crown Game to let their child win and progress to the next floor, but something else is that every single time the Crown Game has been played its been rigged to win, but this time I feel like it was rigged for a lose, specifically for the 25th Bam. I got a glimpse of his attacker a gorgeous red haired woman with red eyes to match, and so I done some digging which resulted in me learning that there are people called 'Guides' in the tower and they consist of two races, Silver Dwarfs which resulted in me realising Evan was probably a guide and the other kind of guides known as 'Red Witches' they have both red hair and red eyes and so naturally I immediately suspected the 25th Bams attacker.

'I've been ranting to myself about this for too long' I thought to myself as I realised Shibisu was looking at me as though he was expecting an answer.

"Sorry what is it?" I asked cluelessly.

"I was just asking what you were thinking about." Shibisu responded.

"Oh sorry I just tend to day dream sometimes." I lied "I best be off." I began the journey back to my room passing the Red Witch Guide I looked at her for a moment and she looked back for a moment before continuing on her walk to where ever, I noticed that these past 2 days we've been on this ship, she walks off somewhere and disappears for most of the day, she's rarely seen same with Rachel or Michele Light for some reason that 25th Bam is looking for her, but 25th Bam seems to be an Irregular same as myself and Rachel... now that I think about she has a feeling about her too.

I made it back to my room and started training with shinsu.

I wanted to develop a technique that would allow me to follow Red Witch without being detected, so I ended up creating a technique that eliminated anyone sight on me and eliminated any way for anyone to hear me.

I just called it.

Shinsu Control Technique:
Silent Reflection Field.

It activated and I was invisible and silent to even myself, a quirk to work out but its progress, I waited by the hallway that Red Witch passed everyday, and right on queue she walked past me, so I started tailing her, we both arrived at the Test Administrators office.

'I knew the teat administrator had something to do with this." I thought to myself.

As she opened the door and walked inside, I slipped inside after her and stood in the corner of the room looking at the two who were talking, and they were talking about the 25th Bam. And once again I was right as the fact that he was an Irregular  came up in their conversation, then the test administrator Hangsung Yu looked directly at me and thats when I realised there was something in my technique that I hadn't accounted for that being something so plain it should've been the first thing I integrated, my shinsu was still detectable, and Hangsung Yu and just detected it.

"So, you were tailed here Hwaryun, I expected more from a Guide such as your self" He raised a hand and formed a bang aiming right at me "Reveal yourself." He demanded, I undid the technique and revealed myself to the two.

"So is this what you do in your free time, Mr Gisawa?" Hangsung asked me "Stalk people?" He followed up "I can't have anyone knowing of these plans, I should kill you but I'll give you a chance to tell me why you followed Hwaryun here"

"I was just curious, I was curious as to why the Crown Game was being a played and was rigged for failure, I was wondering why the 25th Bam knew of Rachel even though they're from different test areas and I wanted to know why you guys are interested in an Irregular as weak as him." I answered swiftly not showing a hint of weakness even though I knew this guy could destroy me if he wanted.

"So you're telling me you knew that he was an Irregular before eavesdropping on us?" Hwaryun asked this time looking at me with a blank expression.

"It was pretty obvious, due to the fact that he used shinsu so precisely and on accident as well, he also has a strange aura around him, different from everyone else here." I stated hoping the answer satisfied them

"I guess it should take an Irregular to know an Irregular." Hansung smirked as he sipped his coffee, my eyes widened and I looked at him.

"So is it obvious?" I asked pretty much drained from too much talking.

"Considering you're able to use shinsu without forming a contract with the floor administrator, yes." Hangsung explained.

"Damn." I gave up at this point "Can I go now, I don't care enough to leak your plan, I just wanna progress with these tests." I let out and Hangsung merely nodded allowing me to leave.

'I better not involve myself with these guys.' I realised all too late, because I didn't know it right now but I became a part of their plan.

End of Chapter 4.