Burning Fires, Dark Clouds

Du Cheng

The next morning, Du Cheng wake up before Shen Yi did and not too surprisingly. He was an early raiser, as he usually make some exercises, to keep his body in shape, before he started his daily routine and go to work on the office to handle a new cases as they came. However, that morning Du Cheng was not alone and Shen Yi looked adorable, pressed against his body, so he was a bit unwilling to part with him that early and risk waking him up before time, because the heavens knows Shen Yi needed the rest.

He had been quite concern about Shen Yi's lack of sleep and lately when they were on a road, he deliberately slowed down the car speed when there was no emergency, just to give Shen Yi more time to rest and now that they were together he wasn't planning on letting Shen Yi paint after work until morning or overwork.

Last night they had kissed for a long time, just to enjoy each other's feelings and have some taste of what the future could offer them, before exhaustion finally caught up with them and fall asleep on each other's arms and he was glad that Shen Yi had sleep quite well like that.

Now he could see Shen Yi holding on to him while looking so devastatingly cute first thing in the morning, although Shen Yi will be mad at him if he tells him that again.

Du Cheng smiled at the imagine of Shen Yi's dissatisfying frown as he stated that he was not cute and he kissed the crown of his head, as a sign of repentance for teasing him, even if it was on his mind while he slept. Then he stared at Shen Yi for a few more minutes before he finally decided to leave the bed and prepare breakfast for the two of them and get some things ready for when Shen Yi wake up.

Differently from him, Shen Yi was a heavy sleeper when he fell asleep, so when he carefully went out of his grasp, Shen Yi simply get himself more comfortable under the covers and Du Cheng make sure he was warm enough even without his body heat.

He shower and brushed his teeth, then prepare a dry towel for Shen Yi, his extra brush, shower gel, deodorant and toothpaste, then left the spare clothes he took from Shen Yi's closet along with a note and leave it at the border of his king size bed. When he got out of his room, he texted the rest of his team, so they could be ready at his instruction to get inside Shen Yi's house when they go back and start the investigation.

He also make sure that those responsible for the replacement of that street light in Shen Yi's street was scheduled to be replaced that day and ask for the technical team to install a security camera in that street too, saying that Shen Yi was constantly been target by criminals and it was their duty to ensure his safety, which no one complained about it, as Shen Yi was like a celebrity among the police by now.

Then he prepared breakfast for the two of them, since Shen Yi insisted that his cat was safe enough in his house, they came alone, so he didn't need to go buy something extra for the cat right now.

He decided to prepare some hot and stir-fry noodles, cooked in sesame oil, topped with a bit of chili sauce, (as he wasn't sure of how much of it Shen Yi like it) pickled vegetables and garlic chives. As soon as the kitchen started to smell of food, he hear the door of his bedroom open and close, then the door of the bathroom was also open and Shen Yi walked in to clean himself and when done he walked toward the kitchen island still drying his wet hair.

"Oh, so only food can wake you up once you are fully asleep?" Du Cheng teased and Shen Yi smiled, leaving the towel over his shoulders.

"It smells good." Shen Yi answer as he came closer.

"Mn, good to know I can always tempt you in the mornings with this." Du Cheng said, turning to pull Shen Yi toward him to grab the towel and keep drying Shen Yi's hair, messing it all, just for his personal enjoyment. Then he lowered his head to smell his refreshing scent right out of a bath, with a perfect blend of fragrances like a hint of lavender, clary sage, oakmoss, vetiver and bergamot. It smell so appealing that he couldn't help himself but to give Shen Yi a slight kiss on his neck.