In Hot Peruse And Obsession

"Shen Yi, get off me! You are in direct range!" Du Cheng warned him as he tried to ignore the pain in his upper chest, more concerned for his little tiger's panic was going to get him killed if he insisted in protecting him with his own body.

"I won't lose you!!!" Shen Yi yelled as he placed a shaking hand on Du Cheng's wound, which luckily was on his left shoulder, instead of his heart like it was meant to be. At least his shouts gave Du Cheng enough time to slightly move to the side, shifting the target area away from his heart.

"I will survive this! We need to capture that snipper no matter what!" Du Cheng shouted back, internally apologizing to his visible affected lover, but he had been in worse shape and still fulfilled his duty. The pain, he was used to it, and as he felt the wound on his left shoulder, he was sure that aside from the blood loss, he was not in an immediate mortal danger for now. 

Shen Yi's life also depended on him capturing the snipper or at least finding another clue to the mystery he had inadvertently mixed up with, thus ignoring the pain that assailed him, he pushed Shen Yi to his side and walked away, half stumbling trying to getting out of bed, he then runs for the door, praying that the adrenaline rush in his body gives him enough stamina to at least take a look at the guy.

Shen Yi then snapped out of his panic as soon as Du Cheng pushed him aside and took out his phone to call Jiang Feng and told him over the speaker what happened as he ran after Du Cheng. This time, he couldn't let Du Cheng out of his sight no matter what happened next, so he strove to run as fast as his Captain because Du Cheng wouldn't slow down despite being injured.

He could see traces of Du Cheng's blood, as they left the house to run towards the next door where the bullet had come from, but that didn't stop his ferocious man from running on. Once the adrenaline that was keeping him partially sedated wore off, Shen Yi was sure he was going to pass out from either blood loss or pain.

When they were going to enter the small front of the house, they heard the start of a motorcycle in the backyard that probably led to a secondary street. Du Cheng was not familiar with that neighborhood, so he took the opportunity to skirt the house directly towards the backyard, but when he got there, the motorcycle was already on the small street and was speeding away.

"Damn it!!" Du Cheng cursed as he watched the slender man in black leather go further away. The only thing he could tell was the model and color of the motorcycle, and the direction it was going.

"Du Cheng! You will bleed to death!" Shen Yi shouted as he came closer to get a hold on him before he could faint.

"This is our only lead... we can't lose it." Du Cheng whispers out of breath as he falls to his knees in dizziness and pain.

"We will get him, I promise you... is not over yet." Shen Yi murmur as he took him on his arms and once again tried to stop his bleeding. The info of a runaway motorcycle was then passed to the team that, with a valid reason, made haste to join the hunt as soon as possible.  

Of course, the local police had already been alerted and were currently trying to find the man and intercept him with the description that Du Cheng had revealed. The patrols that were already in the area of that neighborhood went hunting once he was sighted.

Once in the area, Jiang Feng joined the hunt with fierce determination, knowing that his boss had been shot by the sniper, and he was determined to catch the bastard and make him pay tenfold for it. The forensic team thought they headed to Du Cheng's location with Rong Yue preliminarily taking care of Du Cheng's injury, which on closer inspection was not as serious as Shen Yi had imagined.

The chase continues for a while, breaking the morning peace and silence of the entire neighborhood with the sound of sirens and speeding cars doing their best to block the streets used by the suspect. Unfortunately, the layout of the overcrowded neighborhood has not only many narrow streets at almost every corner but also alleyways that functioned for motorcycles, but not for police cars. Therefore, despite the great effort, the suspect managed to escape his pursuit at the end, taking advantage of the narrow streets.