Déjà Vu

Shen Yi

The next morning, Shen Yi wakes up in the same way as the day before. The rich smell of food brings him back to life from his dark emptiness and makes him aware that another day had begun, after a hellish night of dreaming of worst possible scenarios and returning to oblivion after Du Cheng calmed him down with warm milk and loving hugs.

He smiled at that memory of Du Cheng walking him back to bed after drinking the milk and holding him tenderly, while gently rubbing his back to try to lull him to sleep during the few hours of rest he had left, and it worked so wonderfully that he hadn't even noticed when he had fallen asleep again.

Thus, he get up off bed and took a shower to join Du Cheng on his kitchen. His tall lover was putting the plates on the small table he had there and smiled at him as soon as he saw him walk in, which only make him smile back at Du Cheng with a heart all full of love for that man.

"Good morning, have a sit and eat your breakfast... we have a long day ahead of us..." Du Cheng said as he sat on one of the two chairs.

"Anything new coming from the team?" Shen Yi asked as he sat in the opposite side, although the table was small, so their legs were overlapping, giving that Du Cheng's long legs needed more of the space bellow Shen Yi's table.

"Nothing yet, but we will investigate Sun Bin's house and see if we can find any clue there. We don't know if he was kidnapped from his place or took from his gallery or somewhere else, but at the very least we can check the place and see what he was doing the last time he was there."

"Then we should leave immediately."

"Shen Yi, I know you want to find your friend as soon as possible and trust me when I say that I want to find her as much as you do, because the last thing I want is for this hellish wait to prolong for longer, but your health matters and you need to eat something before things move forward to one point or another without a proper rest. So no can do, until you finish all of this." Du Cheng pointed at the few dished he had made for Shen Yi, precisely because they may not be another chance to eat something else until very late in the day.

Shen Yi, of course, sighed in defeat, eating everything that had been put in front of him and after finishing, he make sure to leave enough food and water for the day for his cat and they were of the road once more to go investigate the address Sun Bai's file under the fake name of Zhang Zhi had.

It was a long trip to get to the location, as it was almost at the skirt of the city, but Du Cheng make haste as he drive there, while trying to keep Shen Yi awake. He keep one of his hands over Shen Yi's lap, slightly pressing on his thigh when he saw Shen Yi begin to drift.

Yes, he wanted Shen Yi to rest as much as possible, but this time he wanted him alert in case that something unexpected happens. They were dealing with someone they don't know anything about, but that had at least stalk both Shen Yi and his friend for who knows how long. The murder was also smart and meticulous, with at least one step ahead of them. In the way he did things, covering his tracks and leaving nothing behind, he only proves that he was a professional or someone who had study the way the police worked cases and investigations.

This was not completely uncommon on the underworld, as most criminals had some understanding about evidence and police procedures, like big organizations that could dispel in minutes at any given threat. However, it was rare for someone to be so cautious and organized, to a point of getting ahead of the police to an extent that will make them look bad.

For all he knows, they could be followed right at that moment and even if he had check on his mirrors several times as he drove, he could not see one specific car tailing them all the way to their next location. Nevertheless, that didn't mean they were not been follow, just that he had not notice a particular car heading their same road all the way to their destination.