Chapter Twelve - A Witch Or A Vampire

My character inspiration for adult Chloe is Angelina Michelle! She is so beautiful, I just can't stop staring at her. Guys! I think I might be in love! ❤ ↑

Also, 350+ Votes and 400+ comments, and I'll update the next chapter earlier! ❤

Tick...

Tock...

Tick...

Tock...

My eyes shifted from the ceiling to the clock and then to my desk which was filled with various documents. Valentina walked in and piled more and more papers on the desk and placed a steaming cup of coffee before me.

I frustratedly raked a hand through my hair, they have been falling all over my forehead. I don't even remember if I brushed them or not in the morning.

"Sir, you have lunch with Mr. Valkov---"

"Cancel it"

"I've been canceling it for the past three days"

"Is Lachlan here yet?"

"No, sir, do you want me to call him?"

I reclined back in my seat. "What about that membership?"

"They said they'll deliver the password and your piece to the given address. It will be delivered to your apartment, maybe in a few hours"

I nodded. "I'll call you if I need anything"

"Yes, sir" she turned on her heels and left my office.

I slumped my head over my desk, the past two days have been complete torture. There was no word from Lachlan and the membership process took longer than I had expected.

Gripping the coffee cup, I got off my seat and walked to the window. My palms were sweaty. My head hurts like a son of a bitch-I could feel it throbbing along to the beat of my heart. I took a sip of the bitter hot liquid, it was my fourth cup since the morning.

The intercom buzzes on my desk, my head whiplashed toward it. "Mr. Lachlan is here, sir"

I sped towards my desk, spilling some of the hot coffee over my hand in the process but I didn't fucking care right now. I pressed the button. "Send him in"

The office doors opened and Lachlan entered, he looked tense, his facial expressions didn't really help my situation. He made it to the coffee table and laid out multiple files and his laptop.

My hand was burning because of the hot coffee, I cleaned it with a tissue as I walked toward him. I scanned the three files resting on the table as Lachlan silently worked on his laptop.

"Well, what is it?! Did you find her? It's her, right? It's Chloe..." my body lost form and my knees practically failed me as I waited for him to answer.