Chapter Thirty-Two - Safe Place

...❤️

I rested my head against the door, I could hear her soft whimpers, her sniffles

I rested my head against the door, I could hear her soft whimpers, her sniffles. The sounds that haunt my soul, the sharp inhale, the desperation that comes with it.

She crying.

She is crying because of me.

Every single tear that she had ever shed is because of me. Every single thing she went through alone is because of me.

Guilt strangled me, a weight had settled over my chest, crushing my lungs and making it difficult for me to breathe.

I wanted the best for her, I never would have imagined that she'd go through something like this.

She was seventeen, I left her, I trusted the wrong person but I don't fucking blame him, I blame myself for ever putting my trust in him with anything regarding Chloe.

She was mine, my responsibility, my love, my girlfriend, my partner, she was my everything and I left her.

I thought... I thought she'd be better off without me.

I heard a stifled scream.

If she made that sound again, my chest might fucking explode from the pain.

"Chloe... talk to me, please," I said against the wooden door.

I could easily break it, tear it apart and pull her in my arms but I let her have it, she felt safe with this door between us, then let it be there.

She cried harder.

"Chloe, please..." my voice broke.

I couldn't fucking make up for that, I can't. There is no way on this fucking planet that can make up for what she went through.

I never wanted this...

No one would fucking believe me if I told them that I left because I loved her. I fucking wanted her to live her best life, I wanted her to have the chance I stole from her. I wanted to make up for the fact that she gave up everything for me. I wanted the best for her, I wanted the best for her.

If I had known that she was alive, I would have never rested, I would have found her if it was the last thing I would've done. If only I knew...

"Chloe, please... I need to know, I need to know because when I get my hands on them I need to know exactly what I want to do to them"

All I got in return was more muffled cries.

I sighed. "Fine, you don't need to tell me anything... just tell me when? When, Chloe?"

The doorbell rang making me go still. I glanced back at the closed bedroom door and then walked to the main door. I unlocked it and saw a little human grinning up at me and behind her was Anders.