Chapter 1: Displaced

Date: unknown

Location: unknown

Time: unknown

"Sir there's a carrier to our immediately left!" Says a young officer.

Captain James Kent looks out the view port and sees the large carrier sailing next to them.

The helm officer the speaks up. "Wait that's the Midway! But I thought she was sunk in the Second Battle of Midway over a month ago!"

"She was... so I have no clue how it's possible that she's sailing with us." Captain James muttered.

Meanwhile onboard the Midway men are beginning to wake up. Many groan as they get up and survey their surroundings.

"Where the heck are we? Wait didn't the ship sink!?" Voiced Midway's executive officer.

Midway's Captain reply's as he stands up. "The ship did sink so I have no idea how we're alive right now."

One of Midway's officer then observes. "Sir, there's a battleship sailing along side us. Hull identification is BB-67. It's the Montana."

Another officer then notes. "Sir, Radar is appears to be malfunctioning."

"Send someone to go fix it. Now get me a status report." Orders Midway's captain.

Moments later a massage comes over the radio on an open channel.

"This is the Captain of USS Montana, Is that you Joseph? And how the heck are you alive?!"

Joseph F Bolger reaches to the speaker to respond.

"Its me James. As for how we're not at the bottom of the ocean? We haven't a clue."

"Strange, y'all wouldn't happen to be experiencing malfunctions to your radar and electronics as well would you?"

"We are. You think it might have something to do with how were alive right now?"

"I do. I thinking something supernatural has occurred. We might even be in a new world for all I know. What I do know is that somehow we've changed direction without changing coarse."

"So how long has it been since we sank?"

As James informs Joseph on what has happened over the past month. Meanwhile two men on Montana's control tower keep watch and occasionally check the horizon.

"So wanna hear a joke?" One of the sailors asks.

"No, unless it's actually funny." The second sailor answers as he watches the horizon with binoculars.

[Insert Joke here —>] 

The second sailor then spots two columns of smoke in the distance.

"I spot two smoke columns to our 2'o clock."

Soon the sailor is able to see what's producing the smoke. What he sees sends chills down his spine.

On the bridges of their ships both captain James and captain Joseph stare eyes wide through their binoculars at the massive Japanese Battleship being followed by a large cruiser.