Chapter 4: Meet and Greet

Date: June 10, 1943 Saturday

Location: Pearl Harbor

Time: 9:00 am

Commander Jon Williams glances at the wrecks of many warships throughout the harbor as his PT boat moves towards the entrance of the harbor. Already naval personnel and ship girls were busy getting to work to clean up the port. Some of his staff estimated that cleaning up the port would take up to three weeks. That's not counting how long it would take to repair all of the damaged ships.

Naval personnel causalities were high, at 376 and 534 injured, due to the limited number of them and the attack occurred when many were conducting maintenance on the mass produced ships. Fortunately no ship girls were killed during the attack. However many were injured or their ships were severely damaged. Battleship row anchored to one side of Ford island took the worst of the damage.

California's ship sunk due to her compartment doors being open for inspection. Oklahoma's ship had completely capsized while West Virginia's ship rested on its side sticking halfway out of the water. Arizona's ship suffered an ammunition detonation in one of her forward main guns. This caused most of her bow to be blown apart in a massive explosion.

Nevada tried to get her ship to the harbor's entrance to help repel the attack but unfortunately her ship was quickly targeted. She was soon forced to beach her ship in an effort to not clog up the entire entrance to the harbor. Unfortunately Pensacola's ship was sunk when she to tried to sail her ship around Nevada's. This effectively clogged the harbor. Only PT boats or ship girls could get around the wrecks.

Numerous cruiser and destroyers were also damaged or sunk in the attack. One such unlucky individual was San Diego or other wise known as Sandy. Chances are she won't be singing her iconic cheerful song anytime soon.

"MY SHIIIPPP! WAHHH!" Cried San Diego.

"Yikes." Comments the Royal Navy destroyer Glowworm who was standing nearby.

Commander Jon looks over to where Sandy's half sunken ship is being towed over to an available dry dock. Soon the Commander's PT boat passes through the wrecks in the entrance to the harbor and heads to the location of where the bases radar detected the group of unknown warships.

Meanwhile New Jersey and Iowa cautiously headed towards the group of unknown warships. According to the bases intel the group of warships had come to a complete stop about 30km from the entrance of the harbor. Both battleships were surprised when they saw the unmistakable control tower of a Yamato class battleship come into view.

"Is that Yamato?!" Iowa asks aloud.

"I don't think so. It appears to be a mass produced ship." Replies New Jersey.

"Wait, I didn't think Sakura Empire had any mass produced ships of the class."

"To the best of my knowledge they don't."

Soon the ship girls are able to see the rest of the fleet. Iowa is immediately drawn to the rear most warship due to that it resembles an Iowa class battleship. However Iowa knows that her mass produced sister ships Missouri and Wisconsin were stationed in the Atlantic while Kentucky and Illinois were still under construction in the Philadelphia naval ship yard. New Jersey on the other hand was memorized by the sight of the massive carrier. Even from 15km away she could tell it was bigger than any carrier that she has worked with before. Even bigger than a long hull Essex class like Ticonderoga. Something in the back of her mind makes her feel like shes familiar with this carrier. Both were so captivated by the sight of these warships that they failed to see USS Midway's signal light flashing at them. Only a few moments later when a PT boat stopped behind them were they broken out of their trance.