||5||

"Bells-" I started to apologize, hoping she didn't hate me. She looked at me, sitting down on my bed. "Did you know?" She asked me, and I wasn't sure if I should lie. "Yes." I said quickly, hopefully she wouldn't kill me. She sighed and closed her eyes. "It's crazy. How did we end up in this situation? Did Alice tell you?" She asked me, and I sighed.

"Yeah. Actually, she told me today when I went to their house." I told her, then thought of something. "There's something else you should know. Edward can read minds." I said, I didn't want her to be thinking something embarrassing and Edward to hear.

Unfortunately I already had to deal with that. She smiled at me. "I know. He told me. But he can't read my mind. I saw him tonight in Port Angeles and that's why I was with him. He drove me back but then we saw all of the police cars." She said.

"That's the same thing that happened to Carlisle and I." I said and then realized I shouldn't be calling him Carlisle except in my head.

Bella raised her eyebrows.

"Do you like him? Is that why you were with him?" Bella asked and I sighed.

"I don't know, I mean I'm so confused. I know I shouldn't like him, but there is just something about him. It draws me in. I feel like there's some sort of force pulling us together." I told her and she nodded.

She looked like she understood.

"That's exactly how it is with Edward. What are the odds we both are falling for vampires?" She asked and I laughed.

"Who knew Forks would be so exciting?" I asked and she grinned.

"So, what are you going to tell Dad? About Dr. Cullen?" She asked me.

"Bells, there's no way I can tell him. I think he would kill me and then kill Carlisle. He would not approve." I said and Bella looked confused.

"How old is he anyways? Did he tell you?" She asked me and I nodded.

"Twenty-three." I told her.

"I knew he looked young. Maybe don't tell Dad though." She told me and I nodded.

"Good idea." I said, then sighed. "What are we going to do, Bells?" I asked and she smiled.

"I don't know." She said, and then she stood up. I smiled back at her. "They're good vampires, Bel. I know it." I said, thinking of Carlisle once again. They were probably the best vampires we would meet. Not that I was hoping we met any other vampires.

Later that night I was pretending to be asleep when I heard a noise outside. I was going to get up to investigate, but Bella was faster. "Edward!" I heard her say, whispering. I opened one eye. What the hell was Edward doing in our room?

I saw that Edward was standing beside Bella. "How did you get in here?" She asked him. He smiled lightly. "The window." Creepy, I thought. Bella laughed. "Do you do that a lot?" She asked him, sitting down on her bed. I was beginning to question Bella's sanity.

Edward literally comes in through the window and she's not concerned the slightest. I closed my eyes again, trying to tune them out. It didn't work, and I ended up hearing all kinds of details about the Cullens. I was sure Edward knew I was awake from my thoughts, but he never revealed me.

In fact, when I woke up in the morning he was gone. And so was Bella. I walked downstairs to see Dad was too. I guess I was left alone. I went outside and saw the truck was left for me. I took a deep breath. Time to test my terrible driving skills.

I pulled into the school parking lot and barely missed hitting a car. I jumped out of the truck in relief. I glanced around the parking lot, wondering where Bella had gone. I didn't have to wait long to find out.

I walked over to see Eric Yorkie handing out prom flyers to a group of people. Monte Carlo prom theme. Classy, I thought to myself sarcastically. Then I heard Angela. "Oh my God." She said, pointing her camera in the direction of the Cullen's Volvo.

Edward jumped out of the car and held open the door for my sister. I saw he had black sunglasses on. Of course he had to be dramatic. He stuck his tongue out at me as he walked by. I raised my eyebrows at Bella, and she shrugged.

I shrugged too and walked over to Rosalie's red convertible that was parked, but the Cullens hadn't left yet. "Hey guys, didn't anyone tell your brother he doesn't have to be so damn dramatic?" I asked, and Emmett laughed. Rosalie's mouth even turned up at the corners.

"He had to make things public." Rosalie said, rolling her eyes. I grinned and walked over to Alice. We headed into school then and I saw Bella now sat with Edward permanently.

I was even more surprised when later that day I saw Edward caress her cheek outside of her class.

It seemed like things in Forks were becoming way more exciting than I ever would have thought.