Chapter II: Memories of laughter and joy

"Come on, Ei! We're gonna miss it if you don't hurry the hell up!" Kat jabbed as he threw his hand out towards me. There was this smile on his face that wouldn't leave no matter how hard he tried to force it to, wonder present in every feature. He was beautiful. Always had been. Shook my world and flipped it on me. Couldn't say I would change anything though. That's just who Katsuki was.

The rocks felt brutal under my feet. But I got there. Wanted to see what he had to show me that was so important we had to take a train to a different prefecture.

Kat grabbed my hand and hauled me up, leashing our belts together and waiting for me to look up.

It was beautiful.

In every crevice there were some kind of luminescent plant, fireflies surrounded us from every angle, illuminating the surface of the water and spider lilies were growing in an almost purposeful fashion. That's one thing about him. He always loved spider lilies. If you mentioned them, he'd take a train to go see them, but you wouldn't ever know.

I'd turned to him and asked him how he'd found it. Told me it wasn't important and sat down on the edge of the water. He'd asked me to come sit with him, and I did. Sat down on the edge of the water with him. He'd leaned up against me, asked me if I wanted to swim, knowing full well we would have to swim in our boxers. He didn't care, just asked again.

I told him yes, he'd dragged me in laughing. Kat was beautiful in the water. His skin shone under the moonlight. A milky white that almost glimmered when you looked at it, and shined brighter than any star.

His little screeches of laughter and surprised squeaks were what gave me motivation sometimes. I always got to see a side of him that no one else knew about, not even Midoriya. That'd thrilled me. I remember I'd been excited that he'd picked me. Maybe it was the hair, or maybe just sheer luck, but I was plain and he wasn't.  he was the exact opposite.  We were similar, but colossally different all the same. Where I lacked, he covered. Vice versa.

Kat was just like that. Fiery and loud and all up in your face. He'd splashed me with water and then ducked under so I couldn't do the same and I'd picked him up when he resurfaced. Held his cheeks in my hands and threw my lips onto his. Kissed him until I thought I got my point across. He had seemed shocked at first but he melted in my grasp. Nothing felt as nice as the kisses we shared there. It was the first time I'd ever kissed him, or anyone for that matter.

When we parted, he stared at me for a few seconds and smiled. Kissed me until he couldn't anymore. Every time we touched after that was electrifying.

The forest made you question things, but you had to wonder in awe at how he found the place. I always hoped I'd go back someday. If I could, I would give anything to go back to that day. Back to that lake.

And back to Katsuki.