Chapter IX: Memories of White and Gold

Bright, cool white and a beautiful shade of gold. Those were the colors that we did our wedding in. There were splashes of red here and there such as our suits, and the roses that hung on the arch overhead.

Kat looked beautiful. His hair had been braided on the side (courtesy of Mina, of course), and the adornments on his suit ran down his body in brilliant builds of metal and quartz. Everything about him from head to toe made him look like a god. His mother made us go all out. Said that she would "only ever get to witness this once" and that she was "patiently waiting for this day" because she "never thought it would come." I remember just being happy that he was even standing there at the altar with me.

Katsuki had an idea for the ceremony. Took the place of our rings, and made for a "fun event." Kat lined it up for them to play our favorite classical song, and experience (Experience, Ludivico Einaudi) played while we looped our arms together and drank from a cup of red wine, sitting in the other's hand. He smiled the beautiful smile at me, and I knew then that my life would forever be complete. There was nothing that would make this any better than it was, except living out our lives together. I was grateful that he picked me, gave me a chance before everyone else that had been chasing after him, saw and picked the helpless kid off the sidelines. I don't have anything else to remember about that.

Well, I do, actually. I remember Katsuki giddily running his hands up the metal of the wedding corset, playing with the gemstones along the bottom and the adornments that covered it. Like a kid in a candy store. He was excited.

I was excited.

I was telling the love of my life that I was ready to devote myself to him for as long as we should continue to roam the earth.

And I did.

I still do.