■Prologue■

Blood gushes swiftly from my aching cuts, I desiring the pain.

Slash.

Slash.

Slash.

The unyielding pain, the deep lacerations, the painful wounds, the rough bruises; they somehow all feel so right.

It just feels right.

Suddenly memories come flooding back.

"Dad, please!" I beg, but he is too drunk to listen to me.

"I swear I'll kill him right now! I WILL KILL THIS SON OF A BITCH!" He says, shakily holding out a slick black gun directly in front of him. He pulls the trigger back in one quick motion and I drop to my knees, my world crashing down around me with a deafening bang. Watching him fall limply to the floor, his own blood splattered onto my skin and clothing, I feel the oxygen choked out of my lungs.

He killed him.

He shattered my world.

Barely recovering my senses, I drop to my knees and place his heavy, motionless head onto my lap screaming, "Derek, no! Please don't leave me! I can't live without you!"

His lips slowly form a weak smile as he confesses with his last breath, "I love you, Cia... and I always will."

His eyelids close for the last time, leaving me with a sense of suffocating emptiness.

He left... He left me in pieces.

"NO!" I scream at the top of my lungs.

Streams of hot tears flow down my face, soaking my cheeks.

I wish the bullet would have pierced me so that I would have died instead of him.

It kills me every day knowing that he is not with me anymore. I feel as if I am soulless.

---

Ciara Conner: a beautiful, polite, intelligent, and loving girl. She had always been the stereotypical good girl... until the love of her life, Derek, was murdered by none other than her own father.

He had gotten drunk to the point where the alcohol had worn away at his conscious inhibitions. He didn't know what he was doing,

Hatred boiled up deep inside of her as she replayed the horrific memories in her head.

The day he died was the day her soul died as well. The bullet was meant to pierce her body, but he stepped in between and sacrificed himself, leaving her forever.

It changed her.

From Malibu Barbie to emotionless badass, mini skirts and sundresses didn't work for her altered personality now. Leather jackets and hot cars were her thing now.

Now when Brian Edwards, a well-known jerk and the biggest player of Aborney High school, enters Ciara's life, he has a knack for somehow making her existence an even worse hell. The war starts when they bump into each other and come face to face for the first time.

Their worlds collide. Hearts are broken. Love triangles are formed.

Sick of her life, Ciara is tortured both mentally and physically. She feels abused. But she is a fighter, and she will continue to fight on with all the strength she can muster.

What happens further? Can Ciara ever truly recover from her late boyfriend's tragic death? Will Ciara and Brian somehow fall in love? Or will they not?

////////////////////////////////////////////

A/N :guys how was the prologue I hope you alll liked it and please vote and read my another book also okayy bubyeee

Cover credits: @dinolux
Editing credits: CorrynPatterson :D
NM_XOXO♡