Chapter 1

A/N : first chapter guys I will be updating more often I hope you all will support me for my new book :)

it might suck a bit but trust me it will get better once you start reading it ! enjoyyy

Beep!

Beep!

I groan in drowsy annoyance, knowing fully well another day of hell awaits me.

I begrudgingly drag myself out of the warmth and comfort of my bed and maneuver my way into the bathroom, twisting the knob of the tub and waiting for it to fill it with hot water.

I slide his shirt off of my body, setting it into the laundry basket with care. My body soon relaxes as it adjusts to the calming warmth of the water. It isn't long until my mind is bombarded with thoughts about him, as per usual.

Derek.

I miss him more than anyone could imagine.

I miss the way his strong arms fit perfectly around my body when we embraced, making me feel safe in his presence.

I miss his memorable scent that made me feel like I was home.

I miss everything about him.

Now he's left me and everything else behind.

He was always there to bolster me, but not anymore. Murder and mortality ended that.

Hot, fresh tears flow down my cheeks and soon mingle with the cooling water around me, my cries amplified by the nearly empty bathroom.

Reaching as far as I can, I open the nearest cabinet and yank the door open, grabbing a new, sharp razor blade.

Slash.

Slash.

Slash.

The blood gushes from the pulsing cuts where I willingly dragged the blade across my aching skin. I allow the water of the tub to wash away the blood from the wounds I inflicted upon myself until the flow and the pain eventually subside, turning the bathwater itself crimson.

After a good while of numbly sitting in a pool of cold water and blood, I let the water drain, wrapping a plush white robe around my body while watching the mixture rush down through the drain.

Pushing the eerie thoughts of the past out of my mind for the time being, I make my way into the walk-in closet to decide the day's outfit. After browsing for a few moments, I pull a black crop top off of the hanger along with a cardigan and pick my acid wash jean shorts off of the floor. Shedding the robe and layering on the clothes, I noticed crop top accentuated my pierced belly button and I felt a bubble of confidence rise to the surface. I finish the look with a light dusting of makeup on my face and adorn my plump lips with bright red lipstick. Golden hoops pierce my earlobes and a mass amount of bracelets cover the scars on my wrists. I pull on my black combat boots and make my way downstairs.

I am greeted with the delicious and recognizable aroma of pancakes.

'Mmm... I love pancakes,' I think to myself, a smile upturning my lips.

I enter the kitchen and begin to watch Shailey flip the pancakes while listening to the sizzle of the batter against the black surface of the pan.

Shailey, the most beautiful, kind, and caring woman I know. The lady who gave me the strength to carry on when my mom passed away. Her shoulder had always been the one I cried on when Derek was killed. She was the one who supported me without fail and healed me when no one else was there for me. Life would have been so much more difficult, impossible even, to live if she had not have been such a support to me. I would have died from the unbearable pain and suffering that suffocated me from the inside out.