Chapter 7

Beep!
Beep!
Beep!

Argh, why didn't you break last time when I threw you on the floor!?

I jump in the hot shower thinking about the gang.
I wish I had never joined it.
Why did I join it—to risk my life?
I don't have a life.
It's actually called hell.

I get out of the shower and change into today's outfit which is a strapless red dress with a belt hugging waist. I pair it with my boots then apply eyeliner, mascara, and lipstick.

I walk outside towards my Mercedes Benz and sit inside, inserting the keys as the engine roars to life. I turn on the radio as One Dance by Drake plays.

I sing along and think to myself, 'Damn this song is lit af.'

I park the car in the school's parking lot make my way inside the school building. "Hey, Cia," someone says excitedly. I turn around to find Katie standing there. "Hey, Katie!" I smile at her. She giggles and jogs towards me, tackling me into a hug.
I stiffen under her embrace.
I'm not used to this. We only met yesterday. I can't trust people that easily.
After everything I went through, it's obvious that I have serious trust issues.

I snap back to reality as she pulls back. "Hey. You there?"
She waves a hand in front of my face. "Uh. Uhm. Yes, yes. Sorry. I just spaced out."

"So how's everything," she asks me. "Everything is the same. Just going on with life," I say absentmindedly. Katie puts her hand on my shoulder. "Is everything okay, Cia?" She asks me worriedly.

I put on my fake smile and Instantly cloud my eyes with a blank expression. "Of course. Everything is fantastic. You still working on getting over him?" She gives me a small smile. "Yeps," she replies. "That's good."

The first period bell rings, interrupting our conversation.

"I really don't want to get to class late, so I'll see you at lunch. Bye!" I say to Katie. She nods in response.

I walk towards my theatre class to rehearse the first scene of dialogue.

"Okay, class. Ready? Ciara, you are "Kayla," and Brian, you are "Reece." Got it? Get in position! We are starting," the teacher announces.

"Oh hell!" I shout my dialogue. "Are you okay?" Reece (Brian) asks with a concerned look on his face. "I'm so sorry. I burned your hand." He apologizes as he starts to wipe the imaginary coffee from my hand with a cloth. "I'm okay," I reply. I smile at him, looking him in the eyes as he stares back at me.

I don't know what's happening to me, but I feel myself getting lost in his eyes in real, like the play is an actual reality.

Those blue eyes are so deep—like an ocean in which I was swimming.
Weird.

He is a really good actor. I can see it in the way his expressions are; they're just so real.

"And...cut!" We both snap out of our dazes. "Excellent! Keep it up, and make sure to remember your dialogues of the next scene for tomorrow. Class dismissed!" the teacher says.

We all rush out of the class. I walk to my locker to grab my books for my English class.

I grab my books and slam shut my locker, then turn around to see a gorgeous guy standing in front of me. He has dirty blonde hair and fabulous looks.

"Hello there," he smiles, showing off his dimples. "Hey," I reply. "I'm Travis, Travis Malcolm," he says as he stretches out his hand. I shake it, feeling how big his hand is. "I'm Ciara," I reply, not bothering to tell my last name as I don't even want it to be a part of my name.