Old 2020 Batim fic

I wrote this for a class assignment :')

It was a sweltering summer in New York City. And when I say sweltering I mean IT WAS SO HOT!!! I ran down the street. "OH MY GOSH I'M SO LATE!" I thought. "MR. BLAKE'S GONNA KIIILLLL ME!!" I turned around. I had forgotten that I took a wrong turn! "OH NOOOOOO..." I said. Just then my best friend passed me. "Better keep up Haaaaleeyy!!" She said, giving me a smirk. I ran after her. "EMILY WAIT UPPP!!!" She slowed down. "We're gonna be in sooo much trouble when we get to school!" I said rubbing my arm. "Why do we even have to go to school right now? Emily said.

"Well, our principal is unpredictable." I said. "Yeah, watch him give us a job when we get there." Emily said sarcastically. We arrived at the middle school. "You girls are late." Mr. Blake said. "I said be here by 7:30, and it's 9:00." "Sorry!" I said. "My aunt Linda just woke me up late.." Mr. Blake shook his head. "What are we here for anyway?" Emily asked. I shrugged. Mr. Blake handed us both a piece of paper. "What's this?" Emily asked. "Well, for a project, our principal is giving you summer jobs. If you do well on your job, you will pass this school year." I looked at the paper. "Do we pick our jobs or.." "We already picked your jobs based on your grades for your classes. Based on your grades in art, you both are going to be working as animators." "Animators?!" I asked.

Mr. Blake nodded. "It'll put all your doodles anywhere but your homework." Mr. Blake showed us my homework from last week, which has a bunch of drawings on it. My face turned red from embarrassment. "Anyway, the owner of the animation studio thought it would be a great idea to give you this job, and he's coming here to meet you." Emily laughed at my ninja drawings. "EMILY STOP THAT!" I said. "I can't help it, Haley.. But what sixteen year old draws ninjas on math homework?" She fell on the floor laughing. Mr. Blake frowned. I shook my head. "Emily I draw ninjas all the time, it's not that funny!" Emily stood up. "You're right, It's not funny." "Hopefully you don't act like that at work." Mr. Blake said under his breath.

"Principal Smith is at the front door with your boss, please behave and be respectful to this man, if you lose your job then you aren't going to pass." I nodded slowly. But hey, on the bright side, I get to draw.

So we were working at Joey Drew Studios, and we were working for my uncle Henry's old business partner... Joey Drew. From what my uncle had told me he was a 'crazy' man. But to me, he was very nice and polite. He gave me and Emily uniforms for our job, and he gave us both individual desks next to each other. It had been a whole week before we were given any work to actually do. And... before strange things started happening. (bum bum bumm!!)

Emily was sitting at her desk trying to straighten up her tie when she heard a loud crash. She looked next to her. I had gone to the bathroom. "What was that?" She asked one of the other workers. He shrugged. "Probably a pipe burst again. I wouldn't want to go down there, you'll probably run into Sammy." "Sammy?" Emily asked. "Hey.. where did you send Haley off to?" "Oh, she was sent down to the Music Department to deliver some papers to Sammy Lawrence." Emily groaned and went back to her desk. I trudged back in the room. "Emily." I said. She looked over at me. "Oh hey I was just-whoa." "Yeah, I know." I said running my fingers through my sticky, black hair. (I'm actually a brunette) "You kill somebody?" Emily asked, trying to stifle her laughter. "Haha." I said. "This is my only clean work uniform." "Alright, we'll just ask Mister Drew to leave early." Mister Drew told us that we'd be alright and he was prepared for something like that. He handed Emily a new uniform. "I don't need this." Emily said. "I know, but she can't touch it because she's covered in ink." He turned to me and smiled. "We have showers here for this reason, you can use one of them." I cringed. "Uh.. no thanks.. I can take one at my uncle's house." Mister Drew shrugged. "Well, be back in time, I want every single worker to be at the theater next door in an hour." He then shooed us out of his office. "Well, that was...weird.." I said. "You should get home, I'll come with." Emily said. "Okay." I said. I coughed. "I think I swallowed a little bit of ink.." Emily patted my back. "Probably not."