Valentine's is for losers! (MCSM)

Aiden x OC fluff :]

Aiden absolutely hated Valentine's Day. Every year, he'd get nothing from anyone in class. No one liked him.

It was partially his fault, anyways. He was a dickhead to everyone. But he still didn't like Valentine's. It was all.. Mushy and gross. The amount of people kissing on Valentine's was just.. Ugh.

He didn't receive anything until the year Lukas' friend started coming back to school. It was a big coincidence, but Aiden didn't think they would give him any gifts.

He'd always seen them give Jesse and his gang gifts during the holiday. Plus, they kinda hated Aiden. So who could be doing such a thing?

Aiden had found a bunch of letters in his locker decorated in hearts and even little boxes of heart candies laying inside his desk.

It was a nice gesture.

It warmed Aiden's heart seeing the gifts. At least someone cared about him. But it never stated who they were from. There was always the same little scribble on them. It looked like a jumble of letters, but Aiden couldn't tell.

One day, he was sitting in class, scribbling down notes because he needed to get his grade up to at least a B, when he noticed Clover, Lukas' friend, walking towards him.

They hesitantly tapped on his shoulder, and he looked up.

"Hey." Clover said. "Hey..?" Aiden replied. Clover's face was a little red, and they seemed to be having trouble saying something. "Do you, um.."

Aiden scowled. What was taking them so damn long?! "Hurry up, I'm trying to write these notes down." Clover rolled their eyes. "Never mind. I'll ask you later. Meet me at your locker."

Aiden rolled his eyes as they left.

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

Clover walked up to Aiden. "Hi again."

Aiden slammed the locker closed. "Hi." Clover crossed their arms. "Do you.. Want to be my valentine?" Aiden felt his face heat up immediately.

"Wh-" "I know it sounds weird, but do you? I noticed you didn't have anyone to go with.. It's not like I like you, though. We could be valentines.. As enemies?"

"That's stupid. Valentine's is for losers." Aiden said. Clover squinted at him. "Then why'd I see you eating those little heart candies earlier?"

"I bought those, duh. Waste of money, though. They tasted like trash." Well, no, they actually didn't, Aiden was just being a prick about it.

Clover sighed. "Well, at least just say you'll be my valentine. That's all I ask of you." "Why do you even want to be valentines?" Clover shrugged.

"I'm just trying to cheer you up."

"Cheer me up? Huh, I bet you're just doing this so you don't have to go to that trashy dance alone." Clover's face went red, which Aiden assumed was with anger or embarrassment, but they said nothing.

"Clover!" Lukas called. "Time to go home!" He jogged towards them. "Oh hey Aiden! You wanna walk home with us?"

"No." Aiden replied as he slung his book bag over his shoulder, shoved his hands in his pockets, and walked off.

"Wonder what's up with him?" Lukas asked. Clover laughed nervously.

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

The next day, Aiden came to school with a some flowers. It wasn't a whole big thing of roses or anything, just some alliums. Maybe Clover would like them. Not that he cared.