Chapter 6: Centers

——————————❄️——————————

North, Jack and (Y/n) were in an elevator and were lowered down a floor.

"It's nothing personal North. But what you all do, it's just not our thing." Jack explained as they exited the elevator.

"Man in Moon says it is your thing! We will see." North said.

"Slow down will ya? I've been trying to busy in here for years. I wanna look." Jack told North.

"You never told me that." (Y/n) said.

"Well, I didn't want to drag you along in case we got in trouble." Jack explained.

"What do you mean bust in?" North asked incredulously.

"Oh, don't worry. I never got past the yetis." Jack turned and saw one glaring at him threateningly. "Oh, hey Phil."

Jack and (Y/n) followed North and we're also looking around the workshop in awe. Everywhere they looked, yetis were making toys for kids. A model airplane came flying at them and Jack pulled (Y/n) out of the way by her waist.

"Huh, I always thought the elves made the toys." (Y/n) commented, trying to ignore the fact that Jack still had his arm around her.

"We just let them believe that." North whispered.

Jack and (Y/n) looked down to see an elf wrapped up with Christmas lights, while another elf plugged him in and he lit up.

"Very nice! Keep up good work." North lied.

He led them past a yeti that was painting a toy robot blue.

"I don't like it! Paint it red!" North commanded.

The yeti yelled in disbelief as he looked to the right and saw the dozens of robots he had already painted blue and groaned.

...

North led them into his office and Jack and (Y/n) looked around impressed.

"Fruitcake?" North offered.

"Uh, no thanks." Jack said. (Y/n) just shook her head no.

North tossed the fruitcake away and cracked his knuckles.

"Now we get down to tacks of brass."

"Tacks of..."

The door swung shut and locked behind them. North approached them threateningly, backing them up agains the door. Jack moved his body in front of (Y/n) to shield here from whatever was about to happen.

"Who are you Jack Frost and Cupid? What are your centers?" He poked Jack's chest.

"Our centers?" Jack asked.

"Of Man in Moon chose you to be a Guardian, you two must have something very special inside." North thought for a moment, before going over to a shelf and picking up a Russian nesting doll that was lifted to look like him.

"Here. This is how you see me, no? Very big, intimidating. But if you get to know me a little...Well, go on." He handed the doll to Jack who removed the first cover to reveal North with a happy expression.

"You are downright jolly?" Jack deadpanned.

"But not just jolly."

Jack removed another layer.

"I am also mysterious."

He removed another.

"And fearless."