Chapter 14: The Offer

——————————❄️——————————

Jack stood in atop a snowy ledge in the and ran right to the edge trying to work up the courage to throw away his memories. But he couldn't do it. He grunted in frustration and looked down at the two capsules in his hand.

"I thought this might happen." Pitch said from behind him. "They never really believed in you. I was just trying to show you that. But I understand."

Jack turned around and fired a blast at Pitch which he blocked.

"You don't understand anything!" Jack yelled.

He fired again.

"No? I don't know what it's like to be cast out?"

Jack flew in the air, and fired a large blast at Pitch, and Pitch created a wall of black sand to block it.

"To not be believed in? To long for a family. All those years in the shadows I thought no one else knows what this feels like. But now I see I was wrong. We don't have to be alone Jack. I believe in you. (Y/n) believes in you. And I know children will too."

"In me?" Jack wondered.

"Yes! Look at what we can do." Pitch gestured up to the ice and sand sculpture that Jack and Pitch had made. "And if we add (Y/n) to the mix, we'd be unstoppable. What goes together better than cold and dark and hate?"

"What did you do to her?!" Jack demanded.

Pitch held his hands up in reassurance. "Nothing, nothing! I haven't hurt her, I swear. Although she is quite the resilient little thing. She's still refusing my offer. But if you joined, then I have no doubt she'd follow you. We can all make them believe. We'll give them a world we're everything, everything is..."

"Pitch Black?" Jack cut in.

"And Jack Frost and Cupid too. They'll believe in all of us."

"No, they'll fear us. And that's not what I want. And that's not what (Y/n) would want." Jack stated firmly. "Now for the last time, leave me alone."

"Very well. You want to be left alone. Done. But first...."

"Jack!"

Jack whipped around and saw Pitch had his arm wrapped around (Y/n)'s neck, and ropes made of black sand were wrapped around her wrists. In his other hand, he held Baby Tooth.

"(Y/n)! Baby Tooth!" Jack pointed his staff at Jack threateningly.

"The staff, Jack! You have a bad habit of interfering. Now, hand it over, and I'll let her and the little pest go."

"Don't do it Jack!" (Y/n) told him.

"Quiet!" Pitch tightened his hold around her neck.

Baby Tooth suddenly stabbed Pitch's hand with her nose, making him gasp and release her. Baby Tooth flew over and hid behind Jack.

"Stupid little pest!" Pitch barked.

"You okay, Baby Tooth?" Jack whispered. Baby Tooth nodded.

Pitch was starting to get impatient. "Come on Jack, hand it over. You wouldn't want me to have to ruin her pretty face would you?" Pitch grabbed (Y/n)'s chin with his now free hand.

Jack thought for a moment, before his body sagged and he sighed. He flipped his staff over and handed it to Pitch, who grabbed it from him.

"Alright. Now let her go." Jack demanded, holding his hand out.

Pitch glanced down at (Y/n) before looking back at Jack. "No."

Jack's eyes widened with fear.

"You said you wanted to be alone. So be alone!" Pitch shouted.

He slowly started backing away with (Y/n) still in his arms, when (Y/n) furrowed her brows in anger and bit Pitch's hand.

Pitch yelled in pain, which caused him to lose focus and the sand ropes disintegrated. (Y/n) slipped out of his grasp and started to run towards Jack, who had his arm out trying to grab her.

"Ugh! You little brat!" Pitch screamed, firing a blast of sand that hit (Y/n) and sent her flying through the air and into a chasm

"No!"

Pitch snapped Jacks staff in half causing him to scream in shock and pain. Pitch shot a blast at Jack which sent him flying into an ice wall and he fell into the same chasm as (Y/n), unconscious.

Pitch looked down at the two and laughed, throwing Jacks broken staff down there with them.

...

After a few moments, Jack sat up, rubbing his head in pain. He looked to his left and saw Baby Tooth laying on the ground.

"Baby Tooth. You alright?" Jack scooped her up, and she sneezed. "Sorry. All I can do is keep you cold."

He heard coughing in front of him and looked up and saw (Y/n) laying on the ground.

"(Y/n)!" Jack exclaimed. He put Baby Tooth on his shoulder and made his way over to her.

(Y/n) slowly sat up against the wall, shivering. "Jack?"

Jack wrapped his arms around her and squeezed her tight. She hugged back just as hard.

"(Y/n), I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. It's all my fault. If I had just listened to you this never would have happened. I failed you. I promised to protect you and I failed." Jack sobbed into her shoulder.

"Pitch was right. I make a mess of everything, and I always drag you down with me."

"Jack, that is not true! None of this was your fault." She told him, before she sneezed.

Jack instantly sat next to her and pulled her onto his lap, wrapping his arms around her to try and warm her up.

Baby Tooth suddenly crawled inside Jacks hoodie pocket.

"Jack?"

"Jack!"

Jack looked down and and reached into his pocket pulling out his and (Y/n)'s memories.

"(Y/n)?"

The girl gasped. "A-Are those...?"

"Yes. They are." He handed her her capsule. "You should go first. You've waited long enough." Jack insisted.

"Are you sure?" She asked hesitantly.

Jack nodded, and she looked down at Baby Tooth who nodded as well.

"Okay, here it goes." (Y/n) pressed her hand on top of her capsule and it lit up, and she was suddenly flooded with memories.

——————————❄️——————————