Chapter 15: Memories

——————————❄️——————————

A little 10 year old girl with (h/c) hair and big bright (e/c) eyes was sitting in her room listening to her parents argue. Her mother was complaining about how her father never spent time with her anymore because he was always working or our with his friends.

Her mother turned away and walked into their bedroom and slammed the door. Her father sighed and looked down in shame and frustration, before he stepped outside to go collect firewood.

Little (Y/n) felt bad for her parents and wanted to do something for them to help fix their relationship. Her eyes lit up and an idea popped into her head.

She immediately got to work. She started cooking them a delicious meal. She roasted the chicken, she chopped vegetables, and she set the table with their nicest silverware, and lit some candles to give the room a very romantic atmosphere.

When she was done, she went out into the garden and picked the most beautiful flowers she could find. When her father came back home, she thrusted the flowers into his arms, and straightened out his jacket.

Her father was very confused by his daughters odd behavior, but when (Y/n) called for her mother and made herself scarce, he began to catch on.

(Y/n)'s mother came into the kitchen and gasped at the sight of her husband holding a bouquet of flowers and the romantic dinner in the table. (Y/n)'s father held out the flowers for her and she excepted them, and kissed him. Then he led her to the table and the two enjoyed their dinner.

(Y/n) peered at them from the doorway and smiled to herself. It felt so good to help her parents love each other again, that she wanted to help more people find love.

...

3 years after that day, (Y/n) had built up quite a reputation. People would come up to her and ask her for help to fix their relationships with their partners or ask her for help on making a new relationship.

Of course, the girl was happy to oblige. She stood next to a boy holding a flower and the two hid behind a tree and looked at the girl that the boy wanted to court. (Y/n) gave the boy a thumbs up, and nudged him towards her. The boy nervously made his way over to the girl, and held out the flower. The girl blushed and smiled, and accepted it. The two then held hands and started walking and talking together.

(Y/n) smiled, happy to have helped the two find love, but lately the feeling that she normally got when she helped others, was a bit hollow. It felt like something was missing, but she couldn't figure out what. (Y/n) shrugged the feeling away, and made her way back to her house to do her chores.

As she walked away, she was unaware of the boy with messy brown hair and brown eyes watching her as she walked away.

...

Two years later, (Y/n) was walking along the path when she heard laughter in the distance. She curiously made her way towards it and saw some kids laughing at a boy about her age hanging upside down from the tree.

She giggled at his silly behavior and he looked over at her, and gasped. This caused him to lose his footing and slip off onto the ground.