Chapter 16: The Last Light

——————————❄️——————————

Jack gasped. "Did you see...Did you see that?" He asked (Y/n) and Baby Tooth.

They both shook their heads.

"It was... it was me!" He grabbed (Y/n) by the shoulders and pulled her close to him. "I had a family! I had a sister!" He stood up and started pacing. "I saved her! That's why he chose me! I'm a Guardian! And I had a girlfriend...I-I had..."

Jack perked up and immediately looked over to (Y/n). She smiled awkwardly.

"Hey Jack. Good to see you again." She waved.

He just kept staring at her.

"Umm...I know it's probably super weird seeing me again and - mmphf!"

She was cut off by Jack rushing towards her and smashing his lips onto hers. She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him closer. Eventually they pulled away, and rested their foreheads together.

"I thought I'd never see you again." Jack whispered.

"Me neither." She agreed. "Now come on. We need to get out of here and stop Pitch."

Jack looked around for a moment before spotting his broken staff on the ground. He held the two pieces together and pushed, but they broke apart. Jack groaned in frustration.

(Y/n) placed her hands over his. "You can do this." She encouraged.

He smiled at her, and connected the two pieces again. (Y/n) kept her hands over his and he closed his eyes and concentrated.

Suddenly his staff started glowing blue and frost spread over it. Jack, (Y/n), and Baby Tooth all gasped happily.

...

"Whoo!" Jack whooped as he flew out of the crevice, (Y/n) right behind him.

They both shouted with glee and raced to help the others.

"Come on Baby Tooth, I owe you one!" Jack said.

...

The two made their way back to Pitch's lair to free the other fairies. They opened all the cage doors.

"Come on, let's go!" Jack urged.

The fairies squeaked at him, standing on the edges of the cages.

"What's wrong? None of you can fly?" (Y/n) asked.

Baby Tooth pointed to Pitch's globe, the lights flickering out quicker than ever.

"The lights." They both whispered.

...

Back at the North Pole, a yeti was placing all the red robots on a stand when the ground started to shake.

Black sand spiraled around the globe and and Pitch appeared on top of it, laughing.

"You're all free to go! We won't be needing any Christmas toys this year, thank you. Not ever again."