Chapter 11: New Plan

——————————❄️——————————

The Guardians all stood around a picture of Sandy that was on the ground, as Tooth placed a candle down for him. Everyone stood silently with sad, grieving looks on their faces. Tooth, North and Bunny all joined hands as the elves slowly rang their bells.

...

Jack sat in the windowsill, with his hood above his head, while (Y/n) was leaning against his shoulder with his arm around her shoulders. He tapped the window with his pinkie and made a frost image shaped like Sandy.

"Are you sure you're feeling okay?" He asked.

The girl nodded. "It's weird. It feels like my wing was never broken."

Jack hesitated for a moment before he opened his mouth again. "What did Pitch mean, when he said he tried to make you join him?"

"Oh, that." (Y/n) winced.

"It happened a few months after I became Cupid. I was still very confused as to why I became like this, and I was starting to become lonely. And one day, he approached me and told me he could help me, that he understood what I was going through. He said he could help me not be invisible to children anymore, and all I had to do was pledge my loyalty to him."

She rolled her eyes.

"At first I considered it. I thought it might be nice to have a friend who understood what it was like to not be seen by anyone. But then I had second thoughts. I don't know what happened, but it was like I could see into his heart. I saw his true intentions about using fear to make people see him, and I didn't want any part of that, so I declined. He was not happy about that though. He tried to forcefully drag me back to his lair but I managed to get away. As I flew away from him, he shouted and said I'd regret not joining him, and that was the last time I saw him until now."

"I'm sorry that happened to you." Jack said, taking her hand.

"It's not your fault. I'm glad I said no. You know, after I escaped Pitch, I flew to that village where we met." (Y/n) told him.

"Really?"

"Mmm Hmm. So I guess it worked out for the better." She replied, optimistically.

Jack smiled at her. "Hey, (Y/n)?"

"Yes, Jack?"

"There's um...something I've been meaning to...tell you." Jack stuttered.

"What is it?"

"It's...well, I've actually wanted to tell you this for a while now...and when I almost lost you...I realized I should tell you that I...that I..."

Just before Jack could finish, North walked in. He approached the two. "Are you two alright?"

(Y/n) nodded sadly."I just...I wish I could've done something." She admitted. "I mean, I was right there. Maybe I could've tried to block the arrow, or..."

"Done something? (Y/n), you and Jack stood up to Pitch. You two saved us!" North told her.

"But Sandy..."

"Would be proud of what you both did. Together." North cut her off. "I don't know who you two were in your past lives. But in this life you are Guardians."

"But how can we know who we are, until we find out who we were?" Jack asked.

"You will. I feel it...in my belly." North told them, making them chuckle.

(Y/n) went to go see how the others were doing, leaving Jack and North alone.

"You know, my belly also feels that a certain boy has certain feelings for a certain girl. Maybe one with beautiful wings, (h/c) hair, and shining (e/c) eyes." North teased elbowing Jack.

"Hey, hey! Not so loud! She might hear you!" Jack panicked.

"Ah hah! I knew it!"

"Shhh!"

"Why don't you tell her you love her?"

"Well, I was about too! But a certain someone interrupted right in the middle of a certain confession."

"Oops. Sorry." North said sheepishly.

"It's alright. It was probably a long shot anyway. She way out of my league."

"Don't say that! I guarantee, if you confess love for (Y/n) she will return feelings."

"How do you know?"

"Because I feel it...in my belly!" He loudly whispered.

...

Everyone was looking at the globe.

"Look how fast they're going out." Tooth referred to the lights.

"It's fear." Jack said. "He's tipped the balance."

Everyone looked at each other, anxiety written all over their faces.

"Hey, buck up, you sad sacks!" Bunny told them. "We can still turn this around! Easter is tomorrow. And I need your help. I say we pull out all the stops and we get those little lights flickering again."

...

"Bunny is right!" North announced. "As much as it pains me to say old friend, this time, Easter is more important than Christmas!"

Bunny perked up. "Hey, did everyone hear that?"

"We must hurry to the warren. Everyone! To the sleigh!"

Bunny moves in front of him.

"Oh, no mate. My warren, my rules. Buckle up." He tapped his foot on the ground twice and made a tunnel appear underneath everyone.

"Shostakovich!"

——————————❄️——————————