The Siege of Unst

The boundary between the kingdoms of Dundee and Unst was thin. Virtually non-existent. The kings of both kingdoms have been best friends for centuries, so there was never a reason to place guards along the borders. It never occurred to King Hootsman that the enemy could enter Unst from Dundee. And yet it happened. On that day, an army of chaos gathered in front of the royal city. Wizards and goblins, goblins and trolls, all those hellish creatures swept through the kingdom of Unst like a devastating avalanche. The army stopped in front of the royal city, where they waited, and the governor of the city, General Hux, became more nervous and nervous with each passing minute as the army of chaos waited motionless at the gates of his city.

He mobilized the Unst army, yes. The tanks were launched on a plain in front of the city. They occupied a defensive formation. The submarines hung quietly in the air, ready to sweep the enemy with their nuclear charges. The soldiers, knights, and militia gathered behind the walls, waiting as nervously as General Hux.

"Some changes?" he asked the soldier by his right while they walked across the base together. The soldier tapped the datapad quickly.

"Not for the last twenty-four hours. Still calm. "

"I don't like it," Hux said, a sentence that everyone involved had in mind.

They were walking through a submarine hangar. The mooring clamps were empty, except for one where a small submarine still rested. Three engineers worked on her side, two soldiers standing sideways. A boy with ginger hair ran past the general, hurrying while putting on protective glasses, to a small submarine. Hux grabbed the boy by the hem of the uniform and braked.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"DSS Kamizola will soon be leaving the dry dock," the boy replied.

"I asked where you think you are going!" Hux placed the boy in front of him and looked at him.

"Father, this is going to be the battle of the century, I want to be part of it."Answered the boy, but Hux didn't even want to hear about it.

"Take off that masquerade, Cole, and go back where you belong."

"But," the boy insisted.

"That was an order!"

"Father..."

"Stop talking back!"

"Why don't you let me fight!" cried Cole.

"Because you're not built to fight!" he yelled at the boy. The boy finally shut up. His father looked at him from above. "You are just a technician. There is no place for you in the battle. "

With that, he turned away from his son. He motioned for the soldier with datapad to follow him from the hangars to the city walls. He left his son behind in the hangars.

He leaned thoughtfully on the walls and watched the camp in front of the walls. The heat of the fires the goblins lit. The smell of smoke and burnt flesh wafted through them. His own troops, grouped in front of the walls, were embarrassed. They would also like to make a campfire, play cards and wait in relative comfort. But could they afford it?

"What are they waiting for?" Hux whispered.

***

The little red-haired boy remained frozen in the hangar.

"Cole? Look, I know this may not be the best time, but could you come here? I could use a little help here. "

" I'm coming, Michael, "Cole whispered.

The red-haired boy shuffled over to the engineers and began to do his job. The job his father gave him. The only one he could do.

Michael watched the boy. "Look, he didn't mean it that way."