Tunnels beneaf Dundee

Hooves of the mighty white creature struck the ground, tossing a piece of dirt to the air. The animal galloped through the trees until the dense forest in front of it parted. The vast expanse of green Scottish fields that opened in front of the animal was in the moonlight dark and cold. But it allowed the unicorn to move at even greater speeds. Strips of white mist slowly drifted to the ground, and the unicorn made its way through the darkness. The white mane and long tail fluttered gracefully behind the fleeing animal, leaving a dim white glow. This was not the dark corrupt creature Zargothrax had come to Crail on. This was a real pearly white unicorn with a long, sharp horn. With fur whitish and soft as velvet. With a clear view and the power of thousands of horses rushing northeast.

Two figures sat on the back of the beautiful animal. A rider and a knight from Crail holding on the horse's back. Only a few people could saddle unicorns, and there was only one such rider. And few unicorns let the riders saddle. There was only one such unicorn.

"Can every wizard summon a unicorn?" Cornus shouted. His fingers tightly wrapped around the hips of the hermit sitting in front of him. Ralathor clung to the unicorn mane with more ease and fewer convulsions than his knightly companion.

"No," he replied simply. "Just me."

A white creator's neighing cut through the silence of the sleeping landscape. The horse added to the stride, its tail fluttering like a white ribbon behind it. The unicorn was able to run for a long time; overcome miles without getting tired. He was carrying his wizard and galloping as they approached Dundee.

"I still don't understand what came to your mind," Ralathor repeated a thousand times as they rode on the back of the unicorn.

Cornus grumbled. "You could stop reminding me all the time."

"You should have directed me."

"I know."

"Proletius entrusted you with Crail's greatest secret."

"I know."

"And you brought them directly into the hands of the enemy without hesitation."

"I know!" Cornus shouted. "But how was I supposed to know he would still be there? He was waiting for us! Plus, it was such a small leather box that they could handle it!"

Ralathor exhaled. "Trust me, enough."

They traveled another few hundred miles in silence. It was a deep night. The unicorn seemed to know the way to Dundee himself, and lest Cornus realized, trembling at the awareness. In 992, the unicorns attacked Dundee, led by an evil wizard. History seems to be repeating itself. The Knight of Crail looked north, a strip of trees in the distance resembling black pillars lining the vast plains. Smoke rose from somewhere in the trees. He closed his eyes. How much suffering Zargohtrax will do and how much suffering his brothers, knights who saddled mountain eagles, will cause.

The unicorn suddenly stopped at the edge of a grassy plain. Ralathor peered over the back of the large animal and couldn't believe his eyes. A valley opened before them. The passing river crossed the green plain and the royal city. But the royal city was gone. Between them and Dundee lay a burning plain, full of tents and fires of an army of chaos. The houses were burned, demolished, and destroyed. The people of Fife were nowhere to be seen. They could only wonder if the Dundee subjects had died or had a worse fate than death. Serve for the army of chaos and the evil wizard.

The hermit looked down. Cornus gasped behind him. They looked at the destruction in front of them, and suddenly Ralathor noticed something that took his breath away. He hadn't noticed the massive statues standing instead of the citadel before. A huge statue of a wizard towered to the heavens. At first, he thought it was just a part of the tower, and it was a part of the tower that once towered over the royal castle of Dundee. The lights of the lanterns, torches and electric lights gave the statues a terrifying appearance. Zargothrax, who was several hundred meters tall, was looking at them from a distance.