Into the Castle

Cole, Givon, and Michael walked down the hall with their captor, the orc Bugtuk. Neither could believe what the wizard had done to the royal city, even though they knew Dundee only from ancient images and stories. They passed orcs, demons, and undead knights from Crail. For the first time, they could see for themselves what the wizard had done to the powerful order. The knights stared blindly ahead. The murky, milky eyes lacked any spark of life. Their skin was gray, studded with black veins. They were terrifying, and the soldiers understood the cruel truth. Crail fell. The most powerful knight order in the Kingdom of Dundee became a wizard's tool.

"Bugtuku!" Came the angry goblin, walking in their direction.

The orc, the superior of their prisoner, unscrupulously expressed a clear view of the presence of the prisoners in Dundee. The prisoners silently burned glances at the goblin, who called them rubbish. Even though they got to Dundee, they didn't know what it was for. They just lived a little longer. Deep down, they hoped that they would be able to escape the guard orc and hide somewhere in the city, but the city already belonged to the wizard. In the end, they were doomed. They stood in silence, watching the confused goblin commander turn to face them.

"Well, we'll probably go. This way!" The goblin ordered, waving a crooked paw in the air.

Suddenly, a tall figure emerged from the shadows behind the small goblin. It held a two-handed sword in its hands, a hood made of a cloak over its head. A brooch with a bronze eagle fastened the cloak around his neck. The Unst soldiers watched him patiently. The figure raised the sword pear above its head, and the blunt end of the handle struck the goblin right in the middle of the head. The small creature's limp body collapsed to the ground, where it lay motionless.

"Are you all right?" The tall knight asked, removing his hood. His bright green eyes were fixed on the soldiers of Unst. Although he wore the colors of Crail, he certainly did not belong to the undead knights. This one was more than alive.

"Yeah. Thanks," Givon kept his eyes on him. Another figure stepped around the corner. The man in the blue hood walked to them.

"Very well, Cornus, you couldn't have jeopardized your mission even more."

"I saved them," the knight frowned at the newcomers.

"Oh yeah. Who are you?" The hermit scolded the trio.

"We serve Unst, our submarine crashed nearby in the woods," Michael explained.

"How's Unst holding up?"

"There have been some complications," the chief engineer breathed, glancing at tall Cornus. "Zargothrax has acquired a strong ally."

"It's not their fault," Cornus began, but was silenced by the hermit.

"We don't have time for this, we'll take what we came for and get out."

"Hey! You can't leave us here!" A small redhead scolded them. Cole, standing next to Cornus, looked like a red-haired dwarf.

The knight looked at him, then at Ralathor. "They're right."

"The more of us there are, the more we attract the wizard's attention, and we won't get out of here alive," Ralathor growled.

Cole wanted to answer, but all five heard the shuffling footsteps of a guard goblin returning. They looked at the orc lying freely on the floor and then at each other. He might believe that Bugtuk was just sleeping, but they preferred to retreat strategically.

"Fast!" Givon whispered, grabbing the orc by the legs, and pulling him into the shadows. They all ran down the hall together.

"What are you doing here?" Cole wondered about the knight and his companion.