Chapter 6

A/N: I just wanted to say that y'all are hilarious saying (Y/N) had an aff@1r with a d@mm sword 😭😭

(Had to censor the words since Wattpad marked the story M)

Sopapilla cookie and (Y/N) cookie were heading back to the bedroom after a good amount of time had passed exploring the infinite palace. (Y/N)'s legs were beginning to falter after so many days being stuck in a bed, but she held on until they were at their destination. The gentle crackle of candles were the only thing to be heard as they traversed the corridors.

"I wonder what I get to eat for dinner now, let me guess..." (Y/N) joked. Sopapilla nudged her on the shoulder as they both giggled.

"Don't forget that as soon as Dark Cacao starts eating again, no more rainbow jellies!" (Y/N) pouted when Sopapilla gave the reminder. How could she live without those delicious plants?

"I only hope that the garden stays alive to keep feeding everybody, could you imagine a life without jellies? I couldn't," (Y/N) reminisced.

"Neither can I."

They kept on, growing closer and closer to the bedroom. Soon enough they were at the opposite end of the door. (Y/N) heaved an exhausted sigh.

"Time for you to get some rest," Sopapilla cookie said.

Getting closer to the door, (Y/N) realized she heard angry voices being muffled behind the thick walls. She stopped dead in her tracks as a knot formed in her stomach. "Do you hear that?"

Sopapilla looked at her, confused. "Hear what? My ears aren't as good as they were when I was younger."

(Y/N) slinked closer to the door, her fingertips grazing the surface as she pressed up against the barrier to listen better. Sopapilla cookie did the same next to her, pressing her finger upon her lips to shush them both. (Y/N) closed her eyes to focus in on the words being traded.

"I told him it was a bad idea to bring in another stray! But what did he do? He WENT OUT AND GOT HIMSELF ANOTHER PROBLEM!" Something heavy slammed on the ground after it seemed to have been pushed off of a surface.

"Your highness— please listen for just a moment—!"

"YOU are going to suffer the same consequences as that cookie for not finding her sword as soon as it was in her grasp," the scruffy voice menacingly threatened. (Y/N) heard Milk Bread's shriek pierce the room.

"Sire, I beg your pardon—" an unfamiliar voice desperately tried to regain control.

"YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PARDON!"

Milk Bread's cries became more apparent. "Please your highness, I didn't know..."

"Take her away. Find Sopapilla and that cookie. NOW!"

The door bursted open on their faces, throwing both Sopapilla and (Y/N) skidding across the floor. They looked up with terror as two heavily armored soldiers gripped at Milk Bread's arms, they had dragged her completely off of her feet. The soldiers halted when they saw the paralyzed criminals on the ground.

"What are you two doing?! MOVE." The deep voice shouted, and one of the soldiers was abruptly shoved aside. A tall, crowned, and well dressed figure towered over them with two infuriated, blazing purple eyes.

"Get them."

The two soldiers let go of Milk Bread, scrambling to capture (Y/N) and Sopapilla. At first they both slipped against the smooth floor trying to regain their footing, but the guards had already grasped them before they could. Sopapilla went limp as she was hauled off.

"RUN, (Y/N), RUN!"

(Y/N), refusing to give up a fight, grabbed on to the arm that was planted on her shoulder. She turned her back to the soldier while still on her knees, and quickly did an over the shoulder throw. His armor rang as it met with the floor hard. She stumbled onto her feet, the pain of her muscles beginning to grow more dull as the adrenaline overtook her senses. (Y/N) took off down the hallways, not looking back.

"BEAT BY A SICK COOKIE?!" the crowned cookie screamed. The thud of boots began to scamper closer behind (Y/N).

Her hand met a large pillar, swinging her sharply to the right when she tried to remember the closest path outside. Seeing a staircase, she descended the spiral by sliding upon the handrails. The clamour of the boots halted to a stop before shouting out.

"ESCAPEE!"

Just as (Y/N)'s feet met the bottom floor, an even louder and more crowded sound of metal armor clanged to her left. She glanced over while running the opposite direction, seeing three guards locked on to her. Beneath the adrenaline rush, her legs were growing more and more strained. She took random turns in the palace, being totally confused on where she was heading at this point. The whole place seemed to blend into each other like a confused gradient of walls and hallways.

Just whenever she had turned left, completely drenched in a profuse sweat, she saw two grand doors with one large barred window allowing sunlight inside of the hallway. (Y/N), without taking a breath, used all of her strength to bolt down the final room. Closer and closer to the exit, she began to smile in relief. But something weird happened.

She didn't recall reaching the doors, nor the hinges, but light was already spilling into her vision. Her whole body felt numb. Nothing seemed to make sense, the way the light was merging into the environment didn't make sense, like how watercolors bled into water. The sound of the armored soldiers behind her began to echo quieter and quieter, before everything only became a silent ring in her ears. Not being able to control her limbs, her legs locked up and her arms flung in front of her face. The last thing (Y/N) saw was the floor rushing up to meet her face.

Word count: 987