Prelude [Rewritten]

A/N: Welcome to the new version of the prelude

A/N: Welcome to the new version of the prelude. As of 05/06/22, all of the other parts of this book are unpublished and I am rewriting them. As I rewrite the parts, I will begin to republish them once I have finished.

WARNING: As I have said in the disclaimers, DO NOT romanticize this book, the relationship, or the characters. Do not read if you are a minor, and if you do, don't complain when something I write is not to your liking because I have repeatedly stated this is a MATURE book. This book is going to mention some heavy stuff, and if you can't read it or don't like, simply DONT READ IT.

THANK YOU, ENJOY
.....................................................................

It was snowing hard that day.

Despite it being well into March, he could see the small, white flakes cascade down the window from where he sat in the waiting hall. Dressed in a sleek, black Armani suit, he tapped the heels of his Oxfords on the marble floor, the fear of the upcoming events creeping on him as he awaited the call of his name.

Letting out a shaky breath, he leaned against the wall as he tried to calm his racing heart. In the last twenty-eight years of working, he had only been terrified by his profession less than a handful of times, and yet right now, at this moment, he was more frightened than he had ever been before. He knew what would become of him the moment he had been requested to come to the building and despite that, he did so anyway.

His thoughts drifted and before he knew it, the secretary at the desk spoke up, "Mr. Walter, the boss has requested for you in his office." He looked up from his spot, seemingly dazed from his thinking, and nodded at her before getting up to leave.

His heart continued to bang against his rib cage as he sauntered down the hall, wondering how it had ever come to this point. There were men who stood all along the hallway to the office, positioned several feet apart from each other, dressed in black. He had been in this position before, he remembered. However, the last thousand times he had walked down this hallway, he always knew he'd come right out.

He got to the end of the hall and stopped before the two doors.

This was it, he thought.

The two glass doors opened and he stepped inside, head high as he came face to face with the man sitting at the desk. You look just like your father, he thought as the young man met his eyes. Walter thought back to the first time he had officially met the man, who at the time, was just a mere child. However, even at that age, Dominic Harris never once looked like he didn't belong in that seat.

"What's your name?" questioned the little boy who tugged at his pants, who looked as though he was around eight years old. Walter crouched down to the level of the boy who glanced up at him with a raised brow and with a tilt of his head, Walter gave him a small smile.