[part 12] Intimate

After the maid had shown us around the place, she left, leaving the three of us there. Neither Megumi or Yuta had said a word after the meeting with my father, and to be completely honest i didn't really feel like talking either.

The house wasn't too bad, we had our own kitchen and the living room had sliding doors that went onto the porch which looked over our small garden. Behind the garden fence was the forest, big trees visible from all our windows.

Something about the forest was calming, it smelled rather nice and it was quiet compared to the city.

Megumi left to unpack his suitcase with clothes and little things in his room. And as you inspected the house i noticed the bookshelf in the living room. It was filled with all kinds of books and you made a mental note to go through them later.

As you opened the sliding doors the fresh scent of pine trees entered your nose. You sat down on the porch and let your thoughts get the best of you.

All of the sudden you awakened from your thoughts when you felt a warm back lean against yours out of nowhere.

"Im so tired" Yuta said quietly.

You had noticed he was tired by the way the dark circles under his eyes were getting more defined.

You softly chuckled.

It was obvious this whole situation had effected him as well, he did in fact promise that one day the two of you would show your family how "great" of a person you were.

"Yuta?" You asked for him.

"Yes." he answered with a soft voice.

You sighed.

The thoughts in your head of the possibility of him leaving you were getting too loud. "What if he'd leave and go abroad again?" Or "What if all this is too much for him?" You wouldn't blame him, imagine dragging someone to live with you and your crazy family.

"Don't leave me alone." You let your head hang and looked down in embarrassment.

A silence fell, the only thing that could be heard was the sound of wind going through the trees.

Instead you could feel Yuta shift behind you, you turned around in shock.

Only for him to softly grab a hold of your jaw.

"I'm not going anywhere." He said with determination in his eyes.

You looked at him tears almost filling your eyes, you felt safe, not alone.

You stared at his lips, wondering if they'd be soft.
To your shock he slowly leaned in.

You slowly closed your eyes in anticipation but you were interrupted by the maid barging in without knocking.

You sat straight and Yuta slowly let go of your jaw, and you got up.

"Oh, my bad miss." The maid apologized but she looked rather annoyed.

"I'm here to deliver your dress for tonights dinner, your father would like you to wear it." She said laying down the dress on the counter.

After that she left without saying another word.

You slowly walked up to the dress looking at it.

Yuta was still following all of your moves with a look in his eyes you couldn't quite place.

The dress wasn't ugly, it was quite simple. A long dark blue dress with thin straps and a slit on one leg.

You checked the time on the microwave and decided it was time to start getting ready for dinner.