Chapter Four

"Finally!" Jihyo moaned, the class had just finished, leaving all three of us free as it was lunch time. "Look at how happy she is, she's ready to raid the cafeteria" Sana remarked, making all of us laugh. "Oh come on! I'm just so hungry. Let's go already! There are rats playing tennis in my stomach" Jihyo joked. We all packed our stuff and strolled to the Cafeteria where we found Eunwoo and Taehyung along with other two friends: Hoshi and Hyunsuk seated on one of the benches. You should sit with us sometime you know? Eunwoo's voice rang in my head. I can't let go of this opportunity. "Girls... I don't think I'll be joining you guys today... you know..." I gestured towards the bench occupied by the four guys. "Oh yeah sure, but... be careful okay?" Jihyo responded. I had already told both of them about Eunwoo and my plan. They were skeptical about it but eventually let it go. We bid our goodbyes to each other and I approached the table wearing a lovely smile.

"Hey" I greeted Eunwoo and took a seat beside him which wasn't occupied. I was seated across from Taehyung. My now boyfriend put his around my shoulder, pulling me closer to him. The other two smiled, seeming aware of what was happening. While Taehyung was stunned. "Are you guys dating?" He asked, his tone was low and his eyes went from me to Eunwoo and back. His voice was bland, with no emotion. "Yeah dude. Sorry I forgot to tell you earlier" Eunwoo shrugged as if it wasn't a big deal but it didn't seem the same to Taehyung from the looks of it. He just nodded and went back to eating his food.

We all soon start conversing with each other. I start warming up too and engage in their conversations, making a few jokes here and there, gaining everyone's laughter. But Taehyung sat still in his place, making absolutely no efforts to speak to me or in fact, anyone. He stayed seated, concentrating on his food. Not even a single smile from him, it's almost as if he isn't here.

"I can't believe he actually asked you out! I was convinced that this coward would never do it" Hyunsuk exclaimed. "He had been crushing on you for a while now, it was almost painful for us to see him act like a lovesick puppy" Hoshi added. I just maintained my smile while secretly watching Taehyung. "And guess what, he would even stalk you-" Hyunsuk was cut off mid sentence by an embarrassed Eunwoo "Can you guys just knock it off already? It's embarrassing..." he interjected. I giggled while everyone chuckled at his reaction. My giggles received a death glaring from Taehyung sitting in front of me, making me shut up almost immediately.

"So Ahnjong, when did you start liking Eunwoo?" Taehyung questioned, out of the blue. I gulped. I don't know what's wrong with him but he seems to be upset with me. Is my plan working..? For a moment, all the voices and people around me fades away, leaving only him and me, face to face, his grey eyes staring at me. When I came back to reality, I took note of all the curious eyes that were automatically on me. "Well I..." I trailed off, cursing myself for not thinking about this before "I started having a crush on him ever since he gave a speech when he became the football captain" I told them, my lie seemed to convince them. it wasn't entirely a lie, that was the first time I noticed him. "I remember, I couldn't stop staring at him at all" I chuckled cutely.

Eunwoo just looked at me with warm eyes before giving me a quick peck on my cheek. This unexpected action widened my eyes and gained an 'aww so cute' from both Hoshi and Hyunsuk in sync.

Taehyung just nodded and gulped down his water before walking away with an 'excuse me'. "Ah that's weird, I don't know what's wrong with him today... He's usually very cheerful and funny... I guess he's just in a bad mood" Hoshi shrugged as I watched the said guy disappear into the hallways. "He'll be okay but anyways I'll go talk to him. Lunch time is almost over anyways" Eunwoo gets up and I squeak as another unexpected peck lands on my cheek again. I quickly touch my cheek and look at Eunwoo who's walking away in the direction Taehyung did earlier. He winked and disappeared in the hallways, looking for his friend.
As soon as Eunwoo out of sight, Hoshi, who was sitting next to me, asked "By chance, do you and Taehyung have some history together?" He was just curious and I can't blame him, it was pretty obvious that the way Taehyung was acting that way was because of me. "No, why do you ask?" I replied smoothly. "Oh, no, I was just curious" I nodded and got up as soon as the bell rang. "I should go now, bye guys, it was nice having lunch with you all" I excused myself politely and walked towards my class as various thoughts invaded my mind. He was clearly affected.