Chapter twelve

Chapter 12

8 Months later.

“Jimin, come on, dude. You’ve gotta help me out” I beg him with puppy eyes. He took a sip of his chocolate milkshake with an annoyed look and  then glanced at me. “Let me get this straight, '' he began as he pinched the bridge of his nose and I gave him an innocent smile, my pearl white teeth peeking out. “You want me to sneak you into our campus at night on a working day just so that you can spend time with your boyfriend?” I nodded with slight wrinkles on my forehead. Yes, that’s exactly what I wanted but he made it sound worse than it actually is. “Very well then. But my question is, you do know that I and Taehyung share a room, If you stay in the dorm for a whole night, where am I supposed to sleep? I obviously can’t be the third wheel over there” He reasons practically as he would have nowhere to go to. I just shrug, “Make a plan like a man, all I want is for you to arrange me the requirements” I stood up to leave the restaurant we were currently in once I made myself clear. He sighs, “Why are you doing this?” He whines for the hundredth time today and I give him the same answer for the hundredth time, “Because it’s Tae’s birthday tomorrow and I want to give him a surprise” after repeating the same words I have been telling him, I start making my way out.

Let me inform you about what has been happening for the past 8 months, after I and Taehyung’s affair was exposed in that unforgettable party.
Jimin and I have been getting along really well. He’s Taehyung’s best friend and at some point, he turned into a good friend of mine too. me being friends with his best friend has its own advantages, for example, if there’s something Tae’s hiding from me, I can easily get it from Jimin or I can get Jimin’s help when I have a plan to execute, like this one.
Tomorrow, on 30th of December, is Taehyung’s birthday and he’s turning 19 already. He moved to a college dorm 2 months after he graduated from high school. As for me, I’ll be turning 17 in the next three months. My mom was now free from my father’s grasp but she still had to work to make the ends meet. I always find it lonely without my mom but I understand that everything that she’s doing is for me. It just adds to my loneliness when Taehyung moved out of school, entering college but he never failed to make up for his absence with surprise gifts given with love and visits filled with affection-filled hugs and kisses. He made my life the best so the least I can do is make his birthday the best day of his life.

I stepped into the cake shop and inhaled the smell of cream which made mouth water. The cakes displayed in the store were absolutely inviting, I’m not here to stuff a cake myself. Since Tae’s birthday is only a day far from new year, I’m sure his mother would have made him a homemade cake when he visits her on the day of New year but all I want is to give him a nice, small, delicious cake, just sufficient for the both of us.
Oh, I never really informed you about what happened with our exes, did I? After the whole incident with Eunwoo and Mihi, me and Taehyung officially started dating. And of course, the rumours spread out in the school like fire and we gained an image as ‘a cruel and cold hearted person who cheated on their partner’. But we never took it into consideration, it’s their problem if they think like that. We were nice enough to apologize to everyone we hurt in the process but none of them wanted to even look at us except Eunwoo, he’s a real gem. He accepted our apology though he was the one who was hurt the most. I’m sure he still remembers that day and will probably never forget it but he still acted as if nothing ever happened. Then once the final exams arrived, they all graduated and started a new chapter in their life. And by all, I mean Hoshi, Eunwoo, Hyunsuk and the rest and for now, let’s think about Taehyung’s cake.
I lean down to take note of all the cakes in the glass cabinet when one particular cake catches my eye. My eyes land on a small, cute-looking vanilla cake with cherries on top. It was combined with both of our likes, I like cherries while he likes vanilla. Perfect. I smile and call the cashier before pointing out the cake I want to buy. She nods and gives me the rate of the cake, “That would be 288 won”. I saved up a lot of money because I knew that this day would come and I’m prepared for the price. I sip my purse open and take out the exact amount of cash before handing it over to her. She takes it from me as she smiles, “Who is this cake for? Your boyfriend?” she winks and I just grin back with a little tint of pink spread over my cheeks. She gives me the change as well as the cake and I walk out of the shop after taking the items.
I take a glance at my watch, I still have a few hours, I need to be ready by midnight
___________________________________________________________________________
It’s almost midnight and Jimin is helping me sneak in through the back gates of the campus. I don’t understand why the dorm isn’t allowed to have visitors during working days, which seems ridiculous to me. There were a few moments where we were almost caught but we still made it to their dorm room and I finally let myself breath. “Thanks a bunch, dude” I thank Jimin as I pat his shoulder while I beamed, relieved that my plan was going just the way I wanted it to go and it would have never been possible without Jimin. He gives me a smile too, I like his smile, it’s as if his eyes smile along with him. “You are a really good friend” I tell him, “You owe me big time, you hear me?” He squinted his eyes making me let out a laugh as I nodded. He unlocks the door and gestures for me to get in “I’m he’s asleep” He informs me. “Time for me to go” He announces after winking at me. I roll my eyes but nevertheless give him a playful smirk. I close the door behind me and I stumble around to find the light switch. Once I do find it, I turn on the lights to see that Taehyung is, indeed, asleep in his room.