Chapter eleven

The Party

My mom’s not home tonight and I’ll be going to Hyunsuk’s party. I have a feeling that this party will be epic and there is some huge drama that will take place. I’m sure everyone from Taehyung to Daniel will be there so I wouldn’t want to miss this. Jihyo will be here at nine to pick me up in a few minutes and I still don’t know what to wear. I rummage through my closet and yet I found nothing. I barely have clothes. I fall back on to my bed and spread my hands and legs so that now I resemble a star fish. I pout for a good 50 seconds before and I jump up as I remember that I may find something in my mother’s room.

I run in tiny and check my mom’s closet. She’s probably going to be disappointed in me because she never liked me partying but luck’s on my side and she’s not going to find out. Ever since my dad left, our house has been peaceful and it’s easier to breathe when he’s not around. He would have killed me if he found out that I was going to a party.

I flung open the closet and my hopeful smile disappears soon enough and the pout returns. All the clothes are baggy and old. Not a single outfit catches my eye. But I still push and pull around, I can’t back down, I need something to wear. I almost give up looking, thinking if I should just yeet myself out the window, when I see an old red bag fall right next to me out of nowhere. For a minute I wonder if a ghost took pity in me and gave me the bag. But then I look up and see that dust was falling off from the top of the closet. I then realise that I may or may not have kicked the wall real hard in frustration which caused it to fall. I sip open the bag and my eyes widen when I see a bunch of her old clothes and some other things. My eyes shine when I see when I find a black floral strapless dress and take it out before placing it in my lap. I stare at the dress for a while.

It’s beautiful. I feel like I’m Cinderella and my mom is my fairy godmother. I try the dress on and to my astonishment, it fits me perfectly. I squeal inside and clutch the cloth in my hands. I feel like hugging my mother real tight. This must have been one of her old dresses. The dress stops at my mid thighs and complement my pale skin.
Now that I’ve successfully found something to wear, I shall proceed to make my hair. I take my hair net off and my hair falls to my shoulders. It’s just as curly as I want it to be. I mean, I braided my hair last night so that it would be this curly. And as for the accessories, I once again raid my mom’s closet and find a necklace which pairs along with the dress, I put it on and wear my silver earrings. I take a hand purse and place in the items I need such as my phone, kerchief, tissues, etc.

I hear a car pull over in the driveway and I immediately know its Jihyo. She brought her car with her, and since she obviously can’t drive, her driver too. I still got my heels to wear. I grab my only heels, my ankle heel boots. I sit in my room, as I once again go through the things I need, I hear Jihyo say from behind, “Hey- whoa, you look marvellous” I turn around as soon as I hear her and her greeting turn into a compliment real quick. In case if you’re wondering how the heck she got in, I left the door open just for her. “Thanks, but you look prettier” I whistle as I take in her appearance. She had a dark purple Minnie dress on and it fits her curves perfectly. She also got a pair of black heels to complement her black handbag.

She just shrugged and joined me on the bed before taking out a makeup kit from her bag. You guessed it, she’s doing my makeup as she’s super good at it and as for me… well, let’s just say I kinda suck at it but hey, there’s always space for improvement!
She puts on the right amount of foundation and a tiny bit of red blush on my cheeks which were barely visible. I don’t really use dark lipstick so she just uses a light pink lipstick to bring out my already pink lips. We then snap a picture of ourselves to make sure how we look before we make our way to the car which was waiting outside. The driver takes us to Hyunsuk’s party in less than 10 minutes. I at some point wonder if we should have just walked there but brush off the thought as Jihyo and I get out of the car and we stand in front of a big house. This is where Hyunsuk lives, no wonder he acts like a rich brat.