Chapter Nine

Chapter 9-

Today isn’t particularly a good day but I still have a big grin on my face. I just have this sudden urge to smile and who am I to deny this impulse? I don’t have a single clue about the smile dancing on my lips but my only guess is that it’s related to Taehyung. Kim Taehyung who pressed his lips on mine the previous day. Yep, that’s most definitely it. Now I’m pretty sure I slept with a simper on my face for the first time in a while. But then, knowing Taehyung, I know for a matter of fact that he’ll most likely spend his day avoiding me. It’s fine though, I also know for a matter of fact that at the end of the day, he can’t keep away from me and I’ll make sure of it.

Today was a special and memorable day for most of the couples, but a lonely and painful day for most of the singles. It was Valentine’s Day. And thanks to the occasional event, there were no classes taken. Now it wasn’t because the teachers wanted to let all the students enjoy the day with their partners or anything, they were well aware that when everyone attends school on Valentine’s Day, it wasn’t to study, but rather to meet their mates and will not bother about school work for the day.

Opening my locker results in dozens of letters and notes falling on the ground. The floor was covered with the papers given to me by the guys interested in me but I was only interested in one guy. I knelt down and picked up all the letters. I shuffled around for the letter I anticipated the most and my eyes visibly sparkled as one of the numerous envelopes caught my attention. It had no name on it but I could easily figure it out that it was written by none other than him. His handwriting gave away his identity. My heart was banging against my chest loudly and I wanted to scream out loud as well. It’s his letter. I pulled it out from the other notes and kept it in my bag. I’m going to read it once I’m home. I need peace and no curious eyes on me. I stare at the letters as I wonder what to do with them. I could either push it back in my locker or just throw them away. I guess I’ll at least read what they have to say. I stuff them all back into my locker, making a mental note to read them later.

My grin was visibly bigger now, thanks to a certain letter but then there’s something missing. I feel incomplete. I glance to my left then to my right when I realise that there is indeed someone missing. Two very important two people, Sana and Jihyo, are missing. The two beautiful figures are nowhere to be found and I feel lonely. I take the stuff I need and place it in my bag before walking away from my locker to go search for my partners. When I feel someone warm, hug me from the back. I immediately knew that it’s Eunwoo from the strong scent.

Oh that’s right, I have a boyfriend.

I shake my head at my foolishness and turn to face him with a sweet smile smeared on me. He replies with a smile as well. “Hey Eunwoo, Happy Valentine’s Day” I wish him and he just returns my wishes as well. I notice his smile widen as he sees something. I follow his gaze and realise that he’s staring at the blue bracelet, given by him, hanging on my hand. “You wore it…” He spoke and looked at me lovingly. “Oh yeah, I wore it, I mean, it’s really pretty and today’s Valentine’s so I thought why not?” I shrugged and he was all smiles. He took my hand tenderly and placed a small kiss on the spot of the bracelet. He repeated the action again but this time, on my forehead. I can feel his soft, warm lips press on my temple, I like this softness.

Why is Eunwoo so nice? Every time he does deeds like this, it just makes me feel even more guilt and regret. I don’t deserve this love or him. I seriously don’t feel like breaking his heart but then I’m too near to reach my goal and I can’t go back yet.
He grabs my hand and we walk around the halls hand in hand. It’s actually quite comfortable but I can’t help but imagine Taehyung holding my hand in his right now. I almost smile at the thought but then my body jerks as I remember something. Sana and Jihyo. I hope that he didn’t feel me jerk and just look around for the two familiar people as we walk. I frown as I still don’t see them. It’s very unlike them not to show up, in fact, the first thing we do is meet each other. Is it because of the argument we had the previous day?