Chapter Five

Chapter 5

'And that's exactly why I'm distancing myself from you,Jeong Ahnjong'

His words replayed in my head again and again. Those 11 words have occupied my head from the very moment they were said and from the looks of it, they won't be forgotten soon enough. I don't understand. He's a total mystery, which explains his silver eyes which are almost emotionless.

What did he mean by it?
What did I do to deserve this harsh ignorance? How is my ex, Daniel, even related to this? All I did was just give him what he deserved. I don't disagree with the fact that it might be a bit too much, but hey, that's just how I am.

"Earth to Ahnjong!" Sana's annoyed voice rang in my head, pulling me out of my thoughts which were devouring me. "...huh?.." I realised I was spacing out the whole time, not listening to whatever they were telling me and asked in a tiny voice, not having the slightest awareness of the events happening around me. Jihyo raised her brow "Are you okay? You've been kinda distant from the morning" she leaned forward and a hand extended and placed onto my forehead. "You don't have a fever, do you?" Jihyo enquired, almost sounding concerned but the humor was evident in her voice. I rolled my eyes at her and gently slapped her hand away, making her draw her manicured hand back to herself with a small giggle. "Of course not. I was just thinking about something, nothing else" I replied which didn't seem to satisfy the scrutinizing gazes from the both of the girls, instead it only added fuel to their curiosity, making them wiggle their brows, a grin pasted on their faces. "More like someone~" cooed Sana. "No girls it's not that...'' I trailed off, hesitant to ask them about what has been troubling me all this while. I contemplate if I should just spill the beans or lock it up to myself. I sighed and decided against keeping it a secret, seeing that I can't really have it bothering me even longer.

"Do you think it was my fault? You know... about Daniel.." Their smirks were weared out at the mention of Daniel. They wore small frowns and stared at me, as if finding the right words to express their thoughts. "Well he was an asshole and you deserved better that's for sure but..." Sana begins "Even if he was a bad person, your way of dealing with the situation wasn't really right" Jihyo completes Sana's sentence, shaking her head. I nodded, appreciating their honest opinions about it. So that's what Taehyung meant?

"Since I know you weren't listening to me earlier, I'll be kind enough to repeat it. The thing is, Daniel is back." Sana repeated, going back to sipping onto her cranberry juice. I gasped and almost choked on my own saliva. My mouth grew wider and gaped at her. "Wait what?? Wasn't he expelled from here?" Daniel wasn't good news. At all. Especially with all the drama going on with my life, I can't handle this shit too. "I heard that he's related to Mihi, the one Taehyung's dating. '' Jihyo mentioned as soon as I was done asking. Have I mentioned how much I hate her? Yes? Then listen again. I freaking hate her with every inch of my body that's obviously much better than hers. The certitude that he who I absolutely would love to avoid is related to the person I greatly loathe just adds up even more to my despise against Mihi.

I'm about to voice out my distress when I was engulfed in a warm hug from behind. Two strong arms were enclosed around my shoulders and I felt weight on my head. The calming scent of the cologne I know all too well gives away the identity of the owner. "Hey girls" with a brief peck on my cheek, Eunwoo takes the empty seat beside me with his usual charming smile on display.
"Hey Eunwoo" I greeted him with a heavy heart. These small gestures of affection he shows just makes me feel guilty and hurt. I can't imagine how heart broken and betrayed he'll be when I break it to him that I'm only dating him to get close with his best friend, not with true feelings just like his. "Someone's glowing~" Sana remarked, making Eunwoo blush which he tried to cover with a casual chuckle. "Do you guys mind if I steal the beauty for a few minutes?" He gestured towards me as I felt flustered by the compliment given. Grins grew on the faces of my friends and they nodded. "Nope, not all. Just be back before the bell rings' ' Jihyo instructed, gaining a nod from Eunwoo who was eager to leave with me. "Come on Ahnjong" I nodded and left with Eunwoo, just in time to catch Sana giving me a thumbs up. I shook my head at her and followed Eunwoo who was now incharge of leading the way.