2: Otherworldly Reunion

Proceeding in the direction I was going, I was passed by a certain nation. It seemed like a huge town, where dwarves lived. Having them see a female elf showing too much skin would draw too much attention, so as much as I was curious about visiting their town, I decided to avoid the direct path and take a detour.

As I went toward the destination, the purpose felt closer and closer. The area I was moving toward was more secluded in the wild than before. It's as if both man and nature are avoiding the place on purpose.

'Administrator. Can you tell me-"

I tried to ask the administrator something, but all of a sudden, a couple of huge insects jumped on me. Thanks to the skill <Alert>, I was able to predict their ambush. Before they realized it, a couple of slashes from my bone rapier decapitated them and stabbed their hearts. As a former hitman, hitting the vital areas was crucial: the head and the heart, to ensure the death of a victim.

"Following the interruption, I was gonna ask you, Administrator. Is there any way for me to absorb their powers?"

"Answer. <Power Absorption>, a passive skill that can be used to absorb magic from the body. However, abilities cannot be inherited. They can however prevent an exception should the user ingest it."

"Thanks, and no thanks. I guess I can use this to increase my magic aura capacity." With that, I absorbed all the magicules, feeling a bit more lightweight.

"Administrator. Can you help me recap all the abilities I have so far?"

"Answer: The following lists of user's abilities:

Steal

Hunter's Eyes

Book of Outlaw's Secrets

Steal

Disintegration

Heightened 5 Senses

Resistance to All Elements

Tranquilizing Gas

High Stamina

High Speed

3 hours later....

I've been walking up and down the mountains for 3 hours, and while it seemed long, I didn't feel tired at all. Thanks to my high stamina, I could walk for up to 2 days without stopping. The aura felt closer and closer. The destination seemed to look like a cave. The entrance had doors, and that seemed weird as if it was trying to prevent something from the inside from getting out. I used <Hunter's Eyes> to see if anyone was behind the front door trying to ambush me. At least right now, there seems to be no one, so it's safe for now. I don't have any knowledge about this world, so I still have to keep my guard up for now.

Locked. Damn. I suppose I should just break it open.

<Disintegration>崩壊!

As I descended into the cave, the gloomy surroundings and the cool air wrapped around me. This seemed like a perfect area for monsters or huge insects to live in, so I have no idea why I would even be drawn to this place. All I know for sure is that whatever is drawing me is doing it for a reason. Out of nowhere a couple of giant bats appeared. Instead of attacking head-on, they used a ranged attack: <Ultrasound Waves> to try to deafen me.

However, they were no match for tranquilizing gas, as I emitted it at them, leading them to fall down asleep. As I was thinking these would be the only monsters, it suddenly became a red flag as more and more of the huge insects came at me on my way. Tempest Serpents, black spiders, armosaurases, evil centipedes, they just keep coming. They were however no match for my speed and power, as they were being sliced and pierced clean like sashimi.