Chapter 2: Meeting Loki

Tony Stark met inside the door. Along with the rest of the Avenger's and Loki. Mikal gazed around the crowd. She recognized all of them including James Barnes. 

"Ah, the Winter Soldier. It's been a while." She said, going up and shaking his hand.

"I'm sorry, I don't remember." Bucky said, looking at her trying to figure out where he was supposed to know her from.

"September 11st. 2001." 

Bucky looked really apologetic.

"I'm so sorry. I was-" He tried to apologize.

Mikal laughed it off.

"Don't worry. I understand you were not yourself." She nodded.

She then walked down the line to Loki. She extended her hand. He didn't make a move.

"You're supposed to shake it." She spoke. 

"I know. I just don't want to." Loki turned his head.

He didn't want a girl to know how much he didn't know about Midgard. Mikal nodded and grabbed his hand, shaking it. 

"Now, Mr. Stark, where is my room?" She sharply pivoted on her red heels. 

"Natasha, your cue." Tony said.

Natasha stepped forward and led her towards the elevator. Again. They looked each other up and down.

"Nathasha Romanoff. Black Widow. Former Agent of Shield." Natasha introduced herself.

"Mikal Grey. Previously based in Hawaii." Mikal replied.

"With that accent?" Natasha asked.

"People move." 

"In your file, it says you used to work in a library before being drafted for a special project by SHIELD." Natasha said, reading it from her phone.

Mikal laughed. 

"May I see that?" She asked for the phone.

"Hmm. That slick nick." She chuckled.

"So that's not true?" Natasha asked.

"Oh, it's true. But there's a lot of stuff missing." Mikal mused.

"Care to share?" Natasha asked.

"Not yet." 

Natasha left it at that. She knew there was more to Mikal then meets the eye. And she would find out. 

"Here's your room. Jarvis, the AI, will assist you in anything else." Natasha left her at a door. 

Mikal entered the room. It had a tiny living area which attached full kitchen off to the right. She opened three other doors to find an office area, bedroom, and one room was completely empty. Mikal knew exactly what she would do to this room. 

She walked into the bedroom and found a bathroom and closet to the right and left. 

"Jarvis, who do I go to if I need anything?" She asked.

"Just tell me and I can get it ordered for you, Ms. Grey." Jarvis said.

"Thank you. Where is Loki?" She asked.

"He is watching Thor and Captain America train. He is really rather bored though." Jarvis said.

"Can you lead me to where they are?" Mikal asked.

"Of course, Ms. Grey." 

After leading her to the gymnasium, she found Loki sitting ramrod straight by the door. 

"Come on. You're adjusting starts now." She ordered.

Loki got up but he acted like he didn't care. 

"I will not work with a weak Midgardian woman." He said. 

"I'm not weak." Mikal stated.

"That's what all women say." Loki answered.

"The Black Widow is not weak." Mikal pointed out.

"She is a special case. You are a secretary from SHIELD." 

"So how do I prove that I am not weak?" Mikal asked.

"If you can beat me in a fight or it is brought to a stale mate." Loki said.

"Not here. The roof." 

"I will teleport us there." Loki grabbed Mikal's wrist and they disappeared.

)o(

The roof. 

Mikal and Loki circled each other. Mikal was still in her red sheathed dress with a slit. Loki was in his normal attire. 

"Hand to hand or shall we allow weapons?" Mikal asked.

"Both." Loki smirked.

Mikal grinned.

"My favorite." 

They instantly attacked each other. Mikal pulled out two knives from somewhere. Loki was impressed. They hacked and slashed at each other but then Mikal was somehow thrown over the edge of the Avenger's Tower. She hung on with three fingers. Loki was about to help her when she pulled herself up.

"I think that is enough for today. It would have ended in a stalemate lady Grey. Now, what shall I learn first?" Loki asked. 

"The Art of Jenga." Mikal said, flatly.

"What is this Jenga? Some fighting style?" Loki asked.

"You shall soon see." Mikal smiled, mysteriously.

)o( 

Kitchen

"Where are Loki and Grey?" Steve asked, as they were about to sit down to dinner.

"They're in her suite." Stark said.

"Alone?" Bruce asked.

"I've been checking in every now and then they're fine. Hawkeye why don't you go get them" Tony suggested, trying not to smile.

"Ok." 

Hawkeye opened the door to Mikal's room to find Mikal kneeling by a Jenga tower, skillfully taking out a block. 

Hawkeye was surprised when Loki pulled an even more daring move

"Somebody's getting brave. Clint, would to care join us?" Mikal asked.

"No thanks. It's dinner time." 

"We'll be down when we're done." Loki spoke for the two.

"Ok." 

On the way out, Clint tripped and the vibration knocked over the tower. Loki and Mikal both turned death glares on him.

The Avenger's found him the next day, duck taped to a wall.

A/N YOUR WELCOME

I love this.

Pads. 

Remember to comment, vote and follow me!!