Chapter 5: Attempted Persuasion

Loki followed Mikal everywhere, trying to find out about her previous life. First he tried annoying her into it.

"Please, please please please please!" He was everywhere she went.

He also left messages in random places saying 'please'. When that didn't work, he started with minor threats. When those didn't work, he made the threats bigger.  And then he started booby trapping her room. Whatever he did nothing worked. Mikal was unbreakable.

It was now Thursday. The Avenger's, Loki and Mikal were in a briefing room. 

"Now. Ms. Grey, I don't even know why're your here. You don't have the clearance." Tony Stark said, looking up.

"And how do I get clearance?" She asked.

"By getting promoted or being an Agent of not secretary, no offense. By being an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D, M-16, F.I.S or another government agency." Tony answered.

"I was M-16's top agent for 10 years." Mikal answered.

"I have a level 8 security clearance at SHIELD. I know everything." She said.

"Who really killed Kennedy?" Hawkeye asked.

"James" Mikal answered.

"How do you know that?" 

"Security tapes." 

"THAT IS NOT FAIR! I SPENT WEEKS TRYING TO GET YOU TO TELL ME!" Loki yelled.

"anyways. Back to the mission. Mikal, I want you as mission control." Tony said.

"Got it." Mikal said, walking out of the room.

As the Avengers fought, Mikal watched from the screens. Occasionally warning them if anything was behind them. When the mission was over, Mikal had almost fallen asleep it was so late.

But she woke up with chains tied around her. She looked around. A needle was in her arm. She ripped it out. She looked in one of the mirrors. Her face was bleeding. And her leg. And her arm. And shoulder. 

Then she heard a hiss, and everything went black. When she woke up, she was on the roof of Avenger's Tower. She groaned in pain. As she dragged herself to into the escalator, she fainted before she could press a button. 

)o(

"Where's Mikal?" Loki asked, pretending not to be curious.

"Probably in her room. Sleeping. I was just about to ask her if she wants to watch a movie with us. Want to come with?" Hawkeye answered.

Loki nodded and they pressed the up button for the elevator. They gasped when it opened. Mikal was sprawled on the floor, unconscious and bleeding.

"TONY! OPEN UP THE INFIRMARY!" Hawkeye screamed into his comm as he knelt besides Mikal.

Loki was trying to wake her up, but it wasn't working. Hawkeye scooped her up and they rushed to the Infirmary. 

By the time they got there, her breathing had slowed. It was barely audible. Loki was staring after her worriedly as her skin turned pale and clammy.

"Loki," She murmured.

Her voice was practically gone. Her eyes fluttered open. Loki couldn't control the feeling of his heart fluttering as she opened her dark brown eyes on his. 

"Mikal! What happened?" Hawkeye asked.

She just shrugged.

"I don't know." She answered.

Loki just held her hand in comfort. Then Tony came in with her phone.

"You got a call." He handed her the phone.

"Hello. What? And you thought the best way to tell me this was over the phone?! No. I understand. New York. I'll go back. But only for a week. I'm working here remember? no, of course you don't. You never cared enough. Goodbye." Mikal put the phone down.

"Mr. Stark, is it ok for me to take a week off?" She asked.

"Of course, why?" Tony answered.

"I need to go to England."

A/N 

Short chapter. But plot. Yay. 

um. VOTE, COMMENT, AND FOLLOW ME!! 

I have very messed up reading lists. and several stories out. feel free to read any of them.