Chapter 7: A monster in disguise

A/N Sorry for the length of time it takes me to update.

"HOW COME NOBODY HERE KNEW SHE WAS A BANSHEE!?" Tony Stark yelled.

"Even Fury himself didn't know about this! And now he wants us to capture her!" Steve said, loudly.

"We can't capture her. We have no idea where she is or even what her abilities are! We're walking in blind!" Hawkeye said.

"Loki, you're a mystical creature. No offense. Did you know she was a banshee?" Stark asked, a bit more gently.

Stark had seen how whenever Mikal was gone, how it affected Loki. He guessed that the god of stories had a sweet spot for her.

Loki didn't answer. He was too busy staring off into the distance. Into the direction in which Mikal had flown.

"Loki? Did you know?" Natasha repeated Stark's words.

"Hm?" The distraught man looked towards them.

"Oh, um no she never told me." Loki's voice was faint.

"Did she ever tell you anything that might indicate where she might have gone?" Natasha asked.

"No. None of us knew much about her." Loki answered, depressingly.

)o(

Meanwhile, Mikal was streaking across the sky towards India. India was where most of the banshee population had lived for hundreds if not thousands of years. Of course, there were colonies all over the world.

Once she landed, her wings were exhausted. After a few other banshee helped her to her old apartment, she fell asleep quickly.

Loki was holding Mikal in his arms, she appeared unscathed but there was blood where her wings had been cut off. Smoke filled the air and Mikal slowly turned into nothing.

Startled, she woke up in a sweat. If banshee lost their wings they would disappear into the never-verse. And there was no coming out of it.

Still exhausted, she flipped on the news.

It flipped to Tony Stark giving an interview on their rogue friend.

"We didn't know Mikal was a banshee. She never told us. She didn't know us. We didn't know her. She has a right to what she wants to tell us." The camera then flipped to Loki.

"You two obviously had a good friendship. How do you feel about her leaving?" The newscaster asked.

"She is a free spirit. She had every right to leave. It's a typical banshee trait, get close and then leave. It's natural for them. Also, there is evidence portraying that banshee don't have a choice to leave. That's why there are so many of them. Because they always marry another banshee. There's no instance where a banshee has mated with a human." Loki disappeared.

It flipped to Natasha.

"I didn't get to know her too well but I respect her. She is a talented fighter. I hope we meet again under more friendly circumstances." 

Flipped to Thor.

"The work she did with my brother was astounding. He's never really 'lowered' himself down to mortal standards. He's now understands more about this culture and people. I do admit though they would have made a lovely couple. Before she was a banshee, of course." 

Mikal shut the tv off. Tears were falling down her face.

"I'm sorry. I truly am but I couldn't stay there any longer. You were right Loki, I don't have a choice." Mikal muttered

)o(

Loki sat in Mikal's old room thinking. He desperately missed Mikal.  He had never felt this way about any woman before.

As he gazed upon the walls of her room, he took in the pictures. The memories. The good times. The good limited times that they had been together. He could only pray that they would be reunited again.

His gaze caught on one in particular. It was of them playing Monopoly. They were both sneaking a 500 or two whenever they passed go. After many hours, they had exchanged so many properties that they had no idea who had originally owned what. Close to the end they split the board by every other and put hotels and houses on each block. It was only just a matter of time before someone went bankrupt. It had come down to a tie.

"I wish you were here." He gazed at her smiling face in the image.

She had been laughing.

 "If only," 

A/N I updated. yay. 21 followers yAY! Let's get to fifty by next year! My reading lists are chaos but i have many good stories to read. And if I get  more feedback, then I give more updates!