Chapter 8: Mating and Loki's adjustment

A/N While the title is called 'mating', there is nothing explicit. 

Mikal laughed as she raced another banshee through the skies. They were screaming eerily the whole time. 

It was a tradition for the banshees. When a female returned home, she and other females would go screeching through the air to celebrate her return.

When Mikal returned to her room, she collapsed onto the bed. But pretty soon there was a knock on the door. It was Victor Pretokroff. He was a popular mate among the banshee colony and all the girls were absolutely crazy over having the chance to have a season with him. 

And she had to mate with him. It was law. A lot of banshees had been killed during the plague so repopulation was important. Before the plague the Highers had exempted Mikal from having to mate every season. But things were different now.

"Mikal, are you ready?" He asked.

She nodded and she let him take her. 

)o(

Loki grimaced as Bruce continued to watch I LOVE LUCY reruns. If Mikal was here, they would have schemed and launched an offensive to steal the remote and change it to something more entertaining. Like Stranger Things, or Enola Holmes. He had yet to see the second one and wasn't going to watch it unless Mikal came back.

As the god picked pieces of popcorn from the bag, he sighed. Mikal would have already stolen half the bag if she were here. He groaned and teleported to his room. He was going to find Mikal.

A/N Short update but it is an update!