Chapter 6: Home

A/N FOR SOME WEIRD REASON I THOUGHT I WAS ON CHAPTER 2 and not CHAPTER 6 ANYWAYS YA'LL SHOULD BE HAPPY FOR THE UPDATE

Mikal stepped off the plane. She was happy to be back in New York. But this time, something had changed. Her life was on the line. She would not admit to herself that she was happy that Loki had come to teleport her back.

"Hello, it's nice to see you back safe." Loki said, putting a hand on her back as he teleported them to the Tower.

She just gave a curt nod. Loki felt put back. If she could act all huffy so could he. When they landed in the living room, all the Avengers were sitting around in a circle with a welcome home banner. And drinks. Many drinks. Mikal gave a light scoff, took a cocktail, and walked towards her room.

"Mikal, come party with us!" Natasha called.

She just continued to walk off. Loki sat down and downed some of his brother's Asgardian alcohol. 

"That stupid, lowly woman. She didn't say a word to me at all. I even said it was nice to see you back!" He complained.

"I agree. That woman is an enigma. That I have given up solving." Tony said.

"She knows a lot." Bucky said.

Steve nodded. 

"I mean, I have been perfectly welcoming to these 'adjustment lessons'! It's not fair that she's suddenly like this!" Loki complained.

He didn't want to admit that she had grown on him. He had come to care for her especially when Hydra attacked. 

"I'm gonna go talk to her." Natasha got up and left.

In about five minutes, she came back. 

"Her room is on a level ten lockdown. No one is getting in or out." She said, brushing her hands.

"Loki, I hate to ask you this but can you try teleporting into her room? We need to make sure she's ok." Clint asked, warily.

"Fine." Loki spat out.

)o(

Loki teleported in to find Mikal sitting on the couch, with her head in between her knees. She looked up startled. He was surprised to see that she looked like she was about to pass out. He quickly moved to help her steady herself.

"Are you ok?" Loki berated himself for being so worried about her.

"I'm fine. I just didn't have the best trip to England." She said, leaning against him.

"Would you like to talk about it?" He asked.

She just shook her head. It wasn't something she wanted other people knowing. 

"Please just leave. I don't want to talk to you. I don't want to talk to anyone." She ordered but there wasn't any finality to her voice.

Loki reluctantly rubbed her back.

"Clint asked me to come and find you. He's worried."

"And your not?" She snapped.

Loki was about to answer but she stopped him.

"Just go! Alright! Go before you find out what happens to the people who care! GO!" 

The Asgardian Prince teleported away. As soon as he left, Mikal let out an angry shriek. The mirror in her room broke. Mikal looked up at the mirror in sudden fear.

"No! No! No! This can't be happening! It wasn't supposed to happen until I left! Da**, I must of miscounted!" She screeched, she heard the mirror in her bedroom break as well.

As she felt her muscles tense in pain, she painfully started to pack her things. When she felt her vocal cords stretched, she took out her greatest defense against what was coming. Duck Tape. She ripped off a piece and slapped it over her mouth.

Then she realized she had a problem. She had to get out of the Tower. Which meant getting to a window. The closet window was the common room. If she could break the glass, she could spread her wings and fly out. She decided to just do it.

)o(

"Mikal! Why do you have duck tape over your mouth? And what's with your hair?" Loki said, catching up to her.

He caught a strand of the ultra blue shade of hair. Mikal kept walking and finally stopped by the common room wall. Loki held her close to him. As much as he tried, he couldn't get her out of his mind. And as much as he didn't want to admit, he had grown to care for her very much. The turning Banshee could see it in his eyes. 

Banshees were beautiful creatures but they were hated all throughout the world. Even throughout all the realms, Banshees were hated for their seducing ways and powerful voice.

"Mikal, you can tell me what's wrong?" Loki asked, stroking her cheek.

She flinched backwards. Loki advanced toward her. His lips slowly started to move towards her.

"Mikal, I have grown to care for you very much. Would you talk to me? And maybe reciprocate my affections?" Loki pleaded, grasping her shoulders.

The pressured girl now had tears running down her face. He'd never love her when he knew what she was. She lifted her head high and ripped the ducktape off of her mouth.

"No," Only a whisper but it knocked Loki backwards. 

Alarms went off. Glass Broke. Mikal was gone.

"No!"