Madness

"Aunt Thorne? Is everything alright?" I shake my head. "No. It appears there is a mirror image on the loose." Aurum frowns. "What is that? I thought the mirror's were good...?" I sigh. "Yes, and no. It depends on which ones you are talking about."

  I massage my head. "Some are like Peter's shadow. Peter Pan, I mean." They nod. Today, I was planning on spending time with my three nephews through Ailill. Cole too, because he still need to be around Peter.

  Unfortunately, I received word from an old acquaintance. "So, it can move on its own?" I look at Jackie. "Yes. Only, the shadow still tends to only look like a shadow, but a mirror image, obviously, looks just like any other person. Ah, some choose to make themselves the opposite of their outside counterpart."

  He nods. "Oh. Then, it is bad?" I shake my head. "Not necessarily, but they can be a nuisance." Peter smiles. "Are we going to find it?" I look at him. "I know where it is. Or rather, where she is. A place I tend to avoid nowadays. Everyone is mad there." I shake my head.

  "How do you know where it is?" Jackie looks around us. "I did not see anyone." I nod. "The White Rabbit told me. He is part of a group of messengers of sorts. Though, I fear he was not telling me everything."

  I sigh. "Anyway, no use worrying now. We will figure it out as we go. Come along, I shall lead you to the most often used entrance to the part of Fairie known as Wonderland." I turn and start walking. We are now in the human world, the fastest entrance to the so called Wonderland, is through the rabbit hole.

  Of course, it is not really a rabbit hole, just fashioned to look like one. It discourages most humans from trying to go in. Of course, there is still the random human that will go in, but because of the nature of Wonderland, we can easily send them back thinking it was all one long dream.

  Sometimes I worry at how easily the humans believe such things. I shake my head. "Here we are." I stand beside a large tree. "One at a time please. Do not worry as it is made for going into Fairie." Jackie goes first, frowning as he jumps into the hole. "Next!" Peter looks at me and shakes his head. "Um, I think I will wait."

  I smile and turn to Cole and Aurum. "Who will go next then?" Aurum sighs and walks over to the hole. "I will trust that this is safe." I nod. "Of course, as safe as anything involving Wonderland." He frowns but his foot slips and he too disappears into the hole.

  "Cole, if you go first, you can catch Peter as you fall. You only have to go in one at a time, you can try to stay together after that." He nods. "Follow right after." Peter looks at him and nods. "You better catch me!" He nods and jumps into the hole.

  Peter jumps with his eyes closed. I smile. "Whitley Harald, come out now." A rabbit hops out from behind the tree. He has on a coat with a pocket watch in hand. "Lady Thorne." I nod. "You are hiding something from me. I will not be happy if you prove to have failed your job. As a messenger, you must tell me if something is happening, especially when it involves Fairie." He lowers his head. "I understand, but you must know, I am unable to speak at times."

  I frown. So there is a bigger problem than I thought? Someone has done something? I shake my head. "Go on down. You should change out of that form so you can better stay with us." He nods and hops into the hole. I shake my head and follow.

  As I fall, I call over a chair to sit on. It takes a rather long time to reach the bottom. Cursed ones are sometimes able to find the hole, but when they enter, they are forever stuck falling. I have someone come over to clean the place up every so often, so it should not have any extra guests today. I sent the boys down first because even if there was a cursed one, they would be unable to do anything to the boys as the boys have safe passage. That means the entrance will shift to better allow them to land, as well as to protect them from danger.