Spinning

"Ah? Lady Thorne?" I smile at the three women. "Yes." They walk over and smile. "How have you been my lady? We had thought you were still in Fairie."

I nod. "Yes, I just came out to make my rounds. Nothing to hard. I just needed the break." The women are sisters. One of them has a broad, flat foot. The second has a large lower lip, larger than any of the usual creatures. The third sister has a large thumb.

"May I ask how your family is doing?" I smile. "They have been well. Nyx is back home with her brothers, father, and her Uncle Roya. Apparently, he believes she will have magic relating to his Land of Dreams."

The eldest sister nods. "I heard about that. How does it feel to have a daughter after so many sons?" I think back on the time I have been home. "It is certainly different. If I had not previously had to deal with Lisi, I would be having more trouble now."

She smiles. "That is good to hear. Everyone we come across has been sharing stories, but sometimes it is hard to tell which ones speak the truth." I nod.

"Right, you said you were here to make your rounds?" My eyes widen. "Oh right! I heard someone crying and decided to check it out. I should go now." I turn to head in the direction it had come from. "May we come with you? We do not have anything to do right now." I turn back to them.

"If you wish to come, come. I welcome others who can help." They smile and walk to catch up. I lead the way until we arrive at a house. Outside, is a carriage, it does not look ordinary in the least.

"Lady Thorne? Is this where the crying came from?" I nod. "I believe so." As we watch, a young lady is led out of the house by a woman. They both climb into the carriage and drive away. "Now, what just happened? Is it something we need to help with? What do you three think?" I turn to them.

"Well..." They look at each other. "We should follow her and see if there is a problem." I nod. "You go ahead first. I will make a quick stop at the house before joining you." They bow and hurry off in the direction of the carriage.

I look at the house and walk over to knock. This all feels strangely familiar. I shake my head and knock on the door. "Just a moment!" The door opens and I see a woman. She stares at me with a frown. "Can I help you?"

I nod. "Yes, I believe you can. I came to ask about the sound of crying that was traced here." Her frown deepens. "My daughter was crying. That is all settled now, you can go." She starts to shut the door, but I set my hand on it to stop her.

"Why was the girl crying?" She looks at my hand on the door in confusion. She must be putting in all her strength to close it, but I am using just a bit of magic to keep it open. "Why are you so interested?" I shrug. "It is my job. If I come across a possible problem, I am expected to fix it. Though, this time, I suppose I could leave it to the sisters. I am too used to getting involved now."

I smile. Actually, the longer I do it, and the more family I have, the more I enjoy helping people. Of course, it can certainly be tiresome, but all in all, it makes me feel good.

"Who exactly are you?" I smile. "Felicity Thorne. Most just call me Lady Thorne now." With both Rune and Nyx holding the blood of Fairie in them, I guess my whole person has become more important. That is fine. I always did have an odd dislike of the name Felicity being attached to me. I do not know why though.

"Felicity Thorne...? I know that name..." I frown now. "What? You do? I do not believe you are from Fairie?" She steps back. "Please, come in and speak." I nod and walk into the house. "I have a brother, he has a daughter several years older than my own."

I guess she is ready to tell her whole backstory? They always do. Come to think of it, I do not do that... do I? Oh dear, I should ask the others if I do. I sit and complain of how annoying it can be, but if I too do that...