Chapter 7

Andrew's POV;

Abi and V stayed in one of the guest bedrooms last night and Amanda stayed the night to. The four of us are going to go to Ms. Jean's diner for breakfast. "Babe, I'm going to wear your shirt." Amanda calls from my closet. I'm in my bathroom doing my hair. "Okay, you can wear whatever you find." I say. She comes in wearing one of my plain white v-necks and her jean shorts. I'm wearing jeans, and a plain white shirt as well but it's not v-neck. So we are kind of matching. "Do you talk to your biological father?" She asks as she wraps her arms around my torso from behind. "Not really, I'm still deciding on whether I want him in my life or not. My stepfather was a good guy, the first person to ever protect me from my mother. Mike knew about me and didn't care, he didn't start caring until Abi and I found out about each other." I say. "Is your bother Mike's son too?" She asks. "No, his father is a drunken asshole like him." I say. I finish getting ready and Amanda and I head downstairs. "Hey, are you coming on the trip in a few weeks?" Abi asks Amanda. "Yeah, I am." She says. "Wait so, if you're going to be there to does that mean Mike?" I start to ask. "Yeah, he's going to be there." Abi says. I grab my keys and go to wait in my car. They come out and get in because we are all taking my car to the diner. "Don't let him coming keep you from going and meeting your Girlfriends family." V says. I just nod my head and start my car, Amanda is sitting up front and Abi and V are in the back. As I drive down the road, I drive with my left hand and rest my right hand on Amanda's thigh.

[30 minutes later]

I pull into the parking lot of the diner and park my car and we all get out. Amanda places her hand in mine as we walk into the diner, this time we sit at a booth since Abi and V are with us. Amanda sits next to me and they sit across from us. She rests one of her legs over mine as I rest a hand on her thigh. "Why hello there!" Ms. Jean says as she walks up to our booth. "Hi Ms. Jean, long time no see!" Abi says. "How are you doing?" She asks Abi. "I'm doing great! I just came to visit my little brother!" Abi says happily and gestures to me. Then we had to explain that Mike is my biological father.

••••

"Breakfast was good!" V says as we walk into my house, I sit down in my recliner. I didn't talk much through breakfast, I'm still registering the fact that Mike is going to be on that trip. I raise the foot rest and lean back in my recliner. I start to scroll through my phone when Amanda climbs into my arms. She rests her head on my left shoulder and her left hand comes up and she rubs her thumb over my right jawline. "So, are we going to talk about what's been happening?" Abi asks seriously as her and V sit on the couch. "What?" I ask. "You know, Brooklyn, you being in the hospital." She states in a 'matter of fact' manner. "I'm fine and she's going to be in jail for attempted murder, assault, running from the law, and destroying evidence." I say. "Why didn't you tell me about it? Why didn't you tell me you had surgery?" Abi asks. "Because I'm fine and you already worry to much." I say. I put my phone down and grab the tv remote from the lap stand next to my recliner. I turn on the tv and go to Netflix, I scroll through until I find criminal minds. "I love you." Amanda mumbles to me. I place three light kisses on her forehead as an 'I love you' thing like in the movies. "Y'all are so adorable." V comments. My face heats up but I hide it and Amanda chuckles and nods her head in agreement.

••••

Amanda's POV;

I'm laying on Andrew in the recliner still but he's asleep now and Vanessa is in the kitchen. "Hey Abi?" I ask, I'm not sure if she's awake or not because I can't see her. Since my back is to the couch as I'm facing towards the tv. "Yeah?" She asks. "Has Andrew ever talked to you about his mom and older brother?" I ask. "Once, when he was really drunk and that was back when she and his stepfather was still alive. Everything he said wasn't anything good." Abi says. "Do you think he'll ever talk to someone about everything that has happened to him?" I ask. "I hope so but, he's not used to being able to trust people. He's not used to so much affection either... if you were anyone else and tried touching his face like you do he would have flipped out." She says. I take notice to how my thumb is still tracing his jawline. Andrews body suddenly jerks and he whimpers as if he's having a nightmare. I move my hand down and rub his chest until he calms down.