Chapter 8

Andrew decides to have dinner with his biological father so him and Amanda have just gotten out of the shower. Mike said they're going to a fancy restaurant so Andrew ran home and got his suit. It's navy blue and Amanda is wearing a navy blue dress so they match.

••••

"This place looks awesome." Andrew says. Amanda laughs and intertwines their fingers as they walk in. She can see the greeter at the front of the restaurant looking Andrew up and down. Andrew places his arm behind Amanda and rests his hand on her lower back. "Table for McKinsey." Andrew says to the greeter or hostess.

(I don't know what they're called.)

She leans them to the table where Mike already is, Andrew pulls the chair out for Amanda. Once she's seated he then sits next to her, Mike is sitting on the other side of the table. A woman comes and sits next to him and Andrew feels Amanda rest her hand on his leg. "Andrew, I'd like you to meet my wife." Mike says. Andrews chest instantly tightens and his heart beats faster. "Hello Andrew, I'm Samara." Mikes wife says. Andrew slightly nods his head, his face has gone pale, and his voice is practically nonexistent. Amanda rubs his thigh to try and calm him down. "It's nice to see you again Mrs. McKinsey." Amanda says. She's trying to draw the attention off of Andrew for a moment so he can calm down. "It's lovely to see you Amanda." Samara says.

••••

Amanda is driving Andrews car because he didn't feel like driving them back. She pulls into her driveway and parks, they get out and go inside. Andrew didn't really say much at all during dinner. Amanda unlocks the door and opens it, Andrew close it behinds them and locks it back. "Hey, why don't we get changed into something comfortable and then we can lay down and cuddle." Amanda says. Andrew nods so they go upstairs and get changed. Andrew stays in a pair of boxers and Amanda changes into a long shirt but with nothing under it. The two of them climb into her bed, Amanda sits with her back against the headboard. Andrew sits beside her doing the same as she turns on the tv and turns Sponge Bob on. She enjoys watching it to and she knows Andrews going to slip any minute now. Amanda lays down and gestures for Andrew to lay down as well. She pulls the covers over them both and Andrew lays his head on her chest. Amanda runs one hand through his hair and the other over his bare back. "I love you baby." She says. Andrew lifts his head up enough to where he can place a soft kiss on her neck. "[mumbles] I love you too." He says.

••••

Amanda's POV;

We have been laying in bed for about two hours now just watching Sponge Bob. Andrews still quite besides mumbling he loves me every once in a while. It warms my heart because he's saying it for no reason. "Have you seen Martha recently?" I ask him. "Katrina and Megan's Mom? No. Why?" He asks. He hasn't slipped into his headspace like I thought he would. "Just curious because I haven't seen her in a while." I say. "She's on a trip in Miami." He says. "Do you have family members from your mothers side or step fathers side that you talk to?" I ask. I'm curious about his life, I want him to tell me more, to tell me everything. "My step grandma is in a nursing home and my mothers parents live in Oklahoma." He says. "Your brother?" I ask. "Dewayne is probably homeless, can we please not talk about him or my mother anymore?" He asks. "Yeah, I'm sorry." I say. I kiss his forehead a few times and rub his back as I turn my attention to the tv. "Can I ask you one more thing, not about them, about you?" I ask. He nods and I smile, I run my fingers through his hair. "Who's last name do you have?" I ask. "My step fathers, he adopted me when he married my mother." He says.

••••

[The Next Morning]

Andrew's POV;