Chapter 1

Cedarkit, a honey-brown tabby with a few white speckles and short fur and blue eyes, jumped from the tree once the battle had finished, running back into camp, she couldn't find her father. She walked into the medicine den, confused, seeing all the hurt cats. Pricklenose was there, being treated by Sheepberry, a fluffy white she-cat with green eyes with a short tail, her father was sleeping. "Sheepberry?" Cedarkit mewed, concerned, "What are you doing?" Sheepberry looked surprised. "Oh! Cedarkit! I'm helping your father get better, he's tired and a bit injured!"

   "Is it something about my Mother?" Cedarkit asked Sheepberry, "Oh Cedarkit...  Yes, it is, I'm so sorry" Sheepberry said, "It's okay Sheepberry!" Cedarkit said with a smile, which confused Sheepberry, then she said, "Well, you should go to the nursery while I care for your father, Wildcloud will take care of you for now!" Cedarkit nodded and headed for the nursery.

   "Cedarkit! Hello there!" Wildcloud said, surprised, she was resting with her kits TangleKit, a small, skinny she-kit with blue-gray tangly fur and yellow eyes, and Sprucekit, a taller, brown she-kit with gray eyes. "Pricklenose is in the medicine den, may I stay here for now?" Wildcloud nodded, happy to have another guest. She stayed the night there, sleeping with her new friends, Tanglekit and Sprucekit.

   Tomorrow, she woke up after Tanglekit and Sprucekit, "Mornin' Cedarkit!" Tanglekit said, Sprucekit nodded hello, "Morning guys!" Cedarkit said happily, "I have to go check up on my father, I'll see you guys soon!" she said, walking towards the medicine den.