Chapter 4

"Cedarpaw, get some coltsfoot for Dustyfang!" Sheepberry called, Cedarpaw quickly grabbed some coltsfoot and gave it to Dustyfang, Sheepberry smiled at them both and went back to sorting herbs. "See? You're doing a great job!" Dustyfang nodded in agreement, "You really are Cedarpaw! I am proud to have you as my granddaughter!" She said, proud. 

   Dustyfang was Lynxfur's mother, she was a light brown tabby with a few white speckles, she had yellow eyes, close to amber. Looking at her gave Cedarpaw memories of her mother, Dustyfang was beautiful like her mother as well. Cedarpaw smiled, she was surprised that she was doing so well. It had only been one moon since she became an apprentice, she still had no idea why Sheepberry chose her as her apprentice, but she did her best!

   Ryefoot walked in, "Hey Cedarpaw and Sheepberry!" Cedarpaw smiled, "Hey mom!" She said, quickly adding, "Are you hurt?" Ryefoot shook her head, Just wanted to check on the best apprentice, who also happens to be my daughter"! Ryefoot laughed, Ryefoot was an amazing mother figure, she always understood Cedarpaw, or tried to. Cedarpaw nodded, laughing, "Just checking!" She said, smiling. Ryefoot smiled back, "But how is today?" Sheepberry finally looked over, "Very busy" She laughed.

   "She's telling the truth, first it was Ebonykit who had a slight cough, I swear, Rosefur is always so concerned about her kits." Sheepberry sighed, "You know she still hasn't forgotten her past few kits." Cedarpaw's smile faded, a few of Rosefur's kits had died due to attacks, or sickness. It was very unfortunate, but she knew that Cedarbee had tried her best. Ryefoot eventually had to leave to continue helping the clan. The day kept on being busy.