Chapter 5

Leaf-bare had struck,  Coldgaze limped into the medicine den, coughing up a bit of blood. Sheepberry ran to him, "Coldgaze! Are you okay? Here, let me help you." Sheepberry said, helping him over to a moss bed. "Looks like greencough," Cedarpaw said, concerned. Sheepberry looked nervous "Grab some catmint! Quickly!" Cedarpaw ran to the herb shelf, "Sheepberry..." Sheepberry looked at her, "We don't have any catmint."

   She could see Sheepberry seem to start crying, "Get him some water at least!" Cedarberry ran out to the nearest water source with some moss, then giving it to Coldgaze. All they could do is pray to Starclan. "Please, let Coldgaze live..." Cedarbee whispered, hoping Starclan would answer. A minute later, Coldgaze was coughing up more blood, Cedarbee immediately went to get more water for him. She turns around and sees Coldgaze's limp body, not breathing. Cedarpaw's heart stopped, Sheepberry had fallen asleep beside him from crying so much.

   Cedarpaw couldn't breathe, "No..." She mumbled, "No... No. How could I let this happen?" Lynxfur and Pricklenose. The cats laying in front of her looked just like them. Laying still, barely breathing, everything quiet. Tears started to roll down her face. Ryefoot ran into the medicine den, "Cedarpaw! What happened?" She noticed the cats, one sleeping, the other, dead. "Cedarpaw... It wasn't your fault," She said, nuzzling her, Sheepberry woke up suddenly to all the noise, realizing all of what happened, Sheepberry started to cry again.

   "I'm sorry Sheepberry..." Cedarbee said, quietly, "No, it's not your fault Cedarpaw, I should have thought forward!" Sheepberry said once she had calmed down,  "He was like a brother to me..." She sighed, "I'll see him again, one day." She added, smiling, soon enough some cats had came to carry him out to be buried and his spirit sent to Starclan. It was a tragic loss for the clan. Cedarpaw knew it wasn't her fault, but something inside of her stung. Not like an injury, but a feeling. A stinging pain she didn't know how to fix.